PDA

View Full Version : no brakes

dans55
06-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Just installed power disc brake kit on my 55 wagon. Every thing is new. Problem is I have a decent pedal without starting the motor but the pedal goes to the floor when the engine is running. I have bled all 4 corners in the correct sequence until I am blue in the face.I get straight fluid ,no air,no leaks. What am I doing wrong or missing?

chevynut
06-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Which kit did you install? What master cylinder are you using, and did it come in the kit?

dans55
06-18-2013, 06:26 AM
I used an aftermarket kit with corvette style m/c.I bled the m/c prior to installing it.

chevynut
06-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Can't help you much without more information. Which kit? Did the MC come in the kit, or did you add it yourself? What other changes did you make to the brake system, front or rear?

My suspicion is that you have mis-matched parts.

warren57
07-04-2013, 10:20 PM
dans55-
any luck finding your problem? Did you check booster rod adjustment?

Maddog
07-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Does the pedal go to the floor on it's own or is it when you step on the pedal it does that? If it's when you step on it then you still have air in system. If on it's own then the booster is bad and would need to be replaced. My guess is it happens when you step on the pedal.

Rick_L
07-06-2013, 09:48 AM
My guess is it happens when you step on the pedal.

If there's a pedal without the engine running, and it goes to the floor with it running, it's likely the booster when that happens too.

CPP and mpbrakes.com both have good power booster troubleshooting procedures on their websites. Check them out.