PDA

View Full Version : NEW lower prices! Best C4 Corvette suspension conversion value on the planet!

chevynut
06-30-2013, 06:05 AM
I have re-priced all of our C4 conversion offerings after taking a close look at our costs and time involved in recent builds. The new CNC Laser cut parts have improved our productivity significantly, and we have made process improvements and increased our experience level. At this time, we only offer conversions for Tri5 cars, but we are working on developing conversions for other applications. Please contact us if you have a different application you'd like us to consider. We have completed 40 conversion projects, and are working on #41 now.

My goal has always been to try to tap the lower end of this performance frame market, and get the "common guy" into a performance suspension like the C4 Corvette suspension conversion at a reasonable price. As you know, most aftermarket frames run in the $10,000 range and are not practical for many builders. A conversion of a stock frame is a great path to getting great performance out of a chassis. You can spend $5-6K trying to upgrade your stock chassis, and still can't match the performance and handling of the C4 conversion. Several of our customers have attested to that.

We offer a wider selection than anyone I know of, from full frames, to partial frames, to C4 IRS installation kits, and front clips. We can do all the work or just the "hard" stuff leaving some of the lighter fabrication tasks to the owner. We can do front-only or rear-only conversions. Who else offers this level of flexibility?

Below I have attached our current pricing. Prices for front conversion products assume we're using YOUR C4 k-member, or we have spares we can sell you. Prices for frames assume we're using YOUR frame, or we can supply one and even take yours in partial trade.

We sell front or rear C4 suspensions for $900 each, complete, for either early(84-87) or late (88-96) Corvette suspensions. So just add either $900 or $1800 to any of the offerings below if you want the suspension with it. Front suspensions include k-member (engine cradle), all major suspension components, steering rack, swaybar, and disc brakes. Rear suspensions include a posi differential (Dana 36), all suspension links, halfshafts, knuckles, disc brakes, and swaybar. We have a limited supply of Dana 44HD rear suspensions, with pricing available on request.

Please contact us at Lnobi53@yahoo.com, or though our website at www.classicedgedesigns.com (http://www.classicedgedesigns.com). The website is still under construction, but there is a "contact us" link there as well as my phone number. We look forward to working with you on your C4 conversion project.

CLASSIC EDGE Designs, LLC
Fort Collins, CO
www.classicedgedesigns.com
info@classicedgedesigns.com

Full conversion frame $5495
"Basic" conversion frame $3995

Full front-only conversion $3995
"Basic" front only conversion $2995

Full rear-only conversion $1495
"Basic" rear-only conversion $995

Full front clip $2995
"Basic" front clip $1795

Full rear install kit $495
"Basic" rear install kit $275

All kits and clips come with installation instructions.

Please post or contact us with any questions.

chevynut
07-09-2013, 10:36 AM
I have decided to offer one free 2-piece frame with the purchase of a Full or Basic conversion of that frame. There is no need to bring your frame to me to exchange it. The next customer that puts a deposit down on a 2-piece frame C4 suspension conversion and mentions this offer gets it. I have a large stack of frames here, and need to reduce my inventory.

I can ship full frames anywhere in the country. Contact me for shipping prices.

Laszlo
CLASSIC EDGE DESIGNS, LLC
Fort Collins, CO
www.classicedgedesigns.com (http://www.classicedgedesigns.com)
info@classicedgedesigns.com

WagonCrazy
07-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Smokin deal guys. Makes me want to build another one...but I got to finish the Nomad first!

Mine was number twenty something I think...

Paul.

chevynut
07-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Thanks Paul! yours was actually number 11! We've been really busy since then.

We've got this down to a science after all these projects. I'm working on a C4 frame/clip design for other early Chevys too. The clips seem to be selling well since they're really pretty easy to put on. The front is about 3/4 of the work in the conversion so it's a big "jump start" even with the basic clip. I've been able to drop my full rear kit price almost in half in the past few years due to the CNC laser cut parts.

JT56
07-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Thanks Paul! yours was actually number 11! We've been really busy since then.

We've got this down to a science after all these projects. I'm working on a C4 frame/clip design for other early Chevys too. The clips seem to be selling well since they're really pretty easy to put on. The front is about 3/4 of the work in the conversion so it's a big "jump start" even with the basic clip. I've been able to drop my full rear kit price almost in half in the past few years due to the CNC laser cut parts.

Sounds like a great deal. Is there any plans on using C5 or C6 stuff?

chevynut
07-10-2013, 10:30 PM
JT, I have no plans at this time to move to C5/6 parts because I see no advantage to the C5/6 parts over the C4.

First of all, the C5 stuff is wider, and you have to pull the front a-arms in further to make them fit a tri5. There is really no separate "engine cradle" to work with so you have to build a custom front crossmember, and locate all the pickup points....that adds cost. The upper a-arms are solid mounted, and the lower ones use an eccentric to perform alignment...that all need to be built into the frame.

Then since the front suspension is narrowed, you have to use a custom steering rack, and a custom swaybar. Those add cost too. It works for a $12K frame, but that's not the market I'm trying to get. I try to use as much of the stock Corvette parts as possible, since they typically come with a suspension purchase.

In the rear, the C5/6 employs a transaxle. It uses a-arms in the rear, which really do have some benefit to handling since the anti-squat doesn't change. However, to make use of them you have to completely rebuild the rear of the frame and make it significantly narrower. Then you have to junk the transaxle, and find a different differential...usually a C4 or Viper. Or else you have to rebuild the floor in the car to fit the transaxle. Even then, you have to lengthen the C5/6 torque tube, which is expensive. Then if you use a standard differential, you have to build custom halfshafts. For a $15K-20K frame this makes sense...not for me.

So to me the C5 suspensions don't make much sense. You can get bigger brakes for the C4, up to 14" or 15" that match or exceed the C5 stuff. Standard C4 front brakes are 12", with 13" OEM as an option.

Finally, the C5/6 parts are significantly more expensive to buy. You can get a complete C4 setup for a lot less. Both are all aluminum suspensions.

The bottom line is that you can get 95% of the performance of a C5/6 suspension with a C4 setup for half the price. So why go there? If you're building a race car, it might make a difference.

Hope that helps. If someone sees a compelling reason to go to the C5/6 setup other than it being "newer" I'd like to hear it. ;)

chevynut
03-20-2014, 04:27 PM
Thought I'd bring this to the top since we have a lot of new members.

If you want more info, please go to http://www.ClassicEdgedesigns.com