PDA

View Full Version : My C4 Conversion

Bluegrass Trifive
07-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Spent today de-junking my chassis. Off with the old engine and trans mounts to make ready for new. The AO Smith guys put stuff on to stay! Not bad for an afternoons work. :cool: 20402041

NickP
07-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Sweet, keep us in the loop!

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
07-08-2013, 05:49 AM
nice job. :cool:

hurddawg
09-03-2013, 08:37 PM
What plans to do you have?

Bluegrass Trifive
09-04-2013, 06:19 PM
What plans to do you have?
It's a very long term project for me and I plan to do it all myself except paint and interior. Its a 57 2 Dr Hardtop. C4 suspension front and rear which I have almost completed except for mounting the sway bars and final welding and weld cleanup. Except for the dash and roof I have a new body all in pieces. Assembly of it all I'm sure will be a challenge! All my parts are the same brand and I know a person who has already completed one in a similar manor.The engine is an 6.0 LS and I have CNC ported LS3 heads for it. For an old school look will have a carb style intake with sequential efi and a carb looking throttle body. Hooker long tubes for exhaust. It should make about 550 hp and l have a 4L80E Trans. for it. I also have a set of Boyd Coddington 18x8 and 18x12 HR-22 wheels. My biggest problem currently is time to work on it! I'm very busy at work (which I'm very thankful for) and don't have much wrench time. I've already received some excellent advise from several members of this forum Chevynut and Nick P in particular which I very much appreciate !

chevynut
09-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Bluegrass, as we once discussed, I could have saved you a ton of time if you'd bought one of my basic clips and a rear kit. It still would have allowed you to do alot of the work yourself and it's not that expensive. You might even have the body done by now. LOL! :)

Bluegrass Trifive
09-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Bluegrass, as we once discussed, I could have saved you a ton of time if you'd bought one of my basic clips and a rear kit. It still would have allowed you to do alot of the work yourself and it's not that expensive. You might even have the body done by now. LOL! :)
Chevynut you're probably right about saving time, but I had to replace one rear rail anyway so i replaced both sides and did a little narrowing while I was at it! For me I enjoy doing the work and figuring out issues mostly by myself. Kind of a therapy thing for me! The body assembly for sure is going to be one major pain in the butt. I'm going to build the engine at the same time so I can switch back and forth between the two if I get tired of chasing gaps!