PDA

View Full Version : Nomad Convention!

slowfinger
07-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Hi, Anyone from here go to the Nomad Covention up in Itasca, Ill. It was a great show after it had rained monday. about 4 0r 5 dozen Nomads there and two for sale at reasonable prices. We met people from Kansas City, Clevland, Twinn Falls all over really. Last year aperiently the show was in Cedar Rapids. Hasn't been in Illinois for a while that I know. I wish we had our 57 delivery road ready to drive up there but maybe next year! Give the 350 a workout. Well it's always great to talk with nice car folks at big shows! Geo.:)

c57heaven
07-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Yep, I was there. Great show. The parking garage for the rain/expected storm was a great thing to have at a convention, especially leaky nomads.
Next year is Chattanooga Tenn. Heard through grapevine 2015 is Vegas.
Went to Goodguys Columbus afterward, got home after one week yesterday.

chevynut
07-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Sure wish I could go to a Nomad convention. I never hear about them until they're over. I joined the (now defunct) National Nomad Club in 1974 and went to a couple of conventions for the next few years. One was in Vail, CO. and another was in Frisco, CO. It's amazing to see literally hundreds of Nomads lined up.

Where can a guy find a schedule for conventions?

c57heaven
07-15-2013, 06:48 PM
you can't see a list of conventions.
They usually announce next years show at the end of this years show.
That's how Chat. Tennessee was announced this year.
The Las Vegas 2015 is hear say for now.

Go to the CNA website for more info.

http://www.chevynomadclub.com/

Lazlo: There was a 55 nomad called triple Nickle that was stunning at the convention.
I'm betting $250k build cost. It was electric blue in color. Delivery style hatch, 555 cubic inch motor, Art Morrison frame number 555 too.
You would like all of the machine work involved in this build. One hood was welded to the inside of another hood and no supports. Fesler hinges didn't hold it up so new pneumatics had to be built to carry the weight.
A cnc'd hood bird that fit in the palm of your hand was on top of the air cleaner shroud.
Perhaps your car can be ready in 2015 if they do go to Vegas.

Here are some of my pics from the convention. Some are taken by my daughter as well.
A kid sometimes looks at things differently. I shoot my pics and then tell them to go shoot pics of cars. You get some interesting stuff.
I deleted all of the ducks, swans and airplane photos to spare you guys ... :)

http://public.fotki.com/JohnH55/2013-itasca-nomad-c/

chevynut
07-15-2013, 09:27 PM
C57heaven, thanks for all the pics! That is a nice 55 Nomad, but the hood hinges look all screwed up. The rear corners of the hood are way too high and it doesn't look like it opens very far.

http://public.fotki.com/JohnH55/2013-itasca-nomad-c/dsc04964.html

slowfinger
07-21-2013, 06:12 PM
C57Heavan, Thanks for your pics! I see you found the primered L.A. Nomad that was for sale! I should have waited on my purchase, but we're comming along with my 57 delivery. It runs but needs trans work to get to a show. Yup it's maroon paint. U.s. mags, Ill car.

slowfinger
01-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Some pics of Nomad Covention Chicago area! even a Nomad for sale.28042802280628072808

56-210Sedan
01-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Great pictures thank you both for sharing them :cool:

c57heaven
01-04-2014, 03:55 PM
the silver and white 56 nomad is my friends. 454/700r4. Used to drag race it in the 60's. Both he and his wife raced it. Not cut up for racing though.