PDA

View Full Version : This damn Cadillac is a pain in the ass

max46
07-22-2013, 05:36 AM
Well, I put that Bar's gasket head leak in the Northstar engine of my 99 cadillac and true to all I read, it did not work. Now, Sunday morning, I go outside to go to church(yea, I am a Christian), and start the Caddy up and it sounds like a bucket of bolts just hit the fan blades.

I go to turn the steering wheel and the noise gets louder and won't stop. I start to back up with it, thinking well, I have not used it in a week, maybe just a fluke. Yea, right. I get it on the street and it gets louder. So back in the driveway and go get my truck keys and head off to church.

Today, I will be looking to see what the hell is the problem with it. I got to get rid of this car. Its a shame because the body is like new. No rust whatsoever. Interior is excellent. There is a place in Ohio that repairs just the Northstar engines. $2000 for the job. They are highly recommended.

I really don't know what to do. I probably won't get anything if I trade it in on another 8k car. Wife is bitching about getting rid of the fleet outside. But I have a very dfifficult time selling a car unless it is toatally screwed up. The last 3 cars I gave away to charity.

There are plenty of used higher mileage Cadillacs, BMW, Audi, Lexus etc out there for 9k or less. The only "foreign" car I ever owned was a VW bug and that was a lot of fun until the engine went on it.

I will really miss the smooth ride of that Caddy. I already do. My wife's Grand Prix is not the best in comfort. Its fast,(supercharged) but lacks that smooth ride.

Run-em
07-23-2013, 07:52 PM
Is there enough room in there for a Chevy L S engine?