PDA

View Full Version : Damn windows are really pissing me off

max46
07-23-2013, 12:25 PM
SOB windows. I still am working on them. No wonder previous idiots who had this car never put the rubber water shield under the door glass. Its a real pain in the ass. Tomorrow, I hope, to have the damn job done on the door. Got that 3m glue all over me. That stuff sets fast. I best take more zoloft tomorrow. I am going to need it.:mad:

chevynut
07-23-2013, 01:11 PM
I thought you meant Microsoft. LOL! :)

Rick_L
07-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Why are you using glue? Don't use it on side windows.

Maddog
07-25-2013, 06:17 PM
You don't use any adhesive when setting glass, at least not if you know how to do it.

ilike55s
08-20-2013, 08:44 PM
You have a Nomad, right? I just got through setting the glass in the rear quarters and the front doors in my 55 hardtop. I dusted "baby powder" on the channels and the rubber,,,and they went right on in with just a few rubber mallet taps. Are you using adhesive cause the glass is loose in the channels? what do you gotta do to start a new paragraph? I keep hitting "enter" but typing is successive or all screwed up like this example,,,,,

5Clint7
08-21-2013, 03:57 AM
what do you gotta do to start a new paragraph? I keep hitting "enter" but typing is successive or all screwed up like this example,,,,,
I fixed mine when it was doing that by changing to standard editor.

At the top of the page select Settings.
on the left side select General Settings.
At the bottom go to Miscellaneous Options.
http://www.trifivechevys.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2028&d=1372636621

ilike55s
08-23-2013, 05:58 AM
Hey 5Clint7,,, Thanks for that heads up! It sure helps to know what you are doing, or trying to do, doesn't it? I tend to be a long winded type guy and most of the time need a couple of paragraphs to say what I want to say. Maybe I just like to talk too much,,.
Hey,,,how about this? new paragraph, with just a click of the keyboard. Thanks, Guy. Now, they are gonna blame you for getting me started,,,,,

5Clint7
08-23-2013, 08:02 AM
You are welcome ilike55s. I started a thread about this back in June. http://www.trifivechevys.com/showthread.php/2412-technical-question-about-the-site
It seemed some people could and some couldn't get it to work. I just couldn't move my stuff around. I never got a fix, so I started trying things. The standard editor fixed it. I never had this problem on any other site.