PDA

View Full Version : New old guy, or old new guy

ilike55s
08-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Howdy Folks,,been doing a lot of reading here and there and some other forums. I was part of another tri-five group but finally gave up on trying to deal with the purists and people with an attitude. I do not think it is very cool to always try and knock somebody's di** in the dirt just cause they don't think like you do, and they want to be a little different. What would our hobby be like if all our cars were exactly the same? I have a lot of respect for anybody that wants their car to be a little different, whether it be just a few minor changes, or a Barris style custom. I also have the greatest respect for the people that do want a 100% original car. I respect yours, but you gotta respect mine. I have been working, fixing up and enjoying several different tri-fives for a good many years. My current project is a 55 Belair 2 door hardtop, that am in the re-assembly portion of a total re-build. First car I bought 20 years ago, was in terrible shape as far as rust, so I kind of gave up on it for a few years. I was fortunate to find this one 30 miles away and this one does not have a bit of rust and was a highly optioned car. Decided a complete "frame off" was the way to go and use the first car as a parts car. Finally got the car painted candy apple red and have been re-assembling from rear going forward. Man, there is an awful lot of stainless to polish,,,! Just finished up rebuilding and re-installing all the parts and pieces on rear quarter windows and now waiting on new headliner from Danchuck. Am about 50% on rebuilding the flippers. Hoping to tap the knowledge of some of the Guru's here, as well as sharing some of my hard earned knowledge .

Bihili
08-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Welcome aboard, besides showing us pictures we also like to know where in the world are you.:cool:

BONNEVILLE BOB
08-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Welcome aboard! Glad to have ya.

hurddawg
08-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Pics! :)

Welcome...!

56-210Sedan
08-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Welcome to to the site :cool:

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
08-16-2013, 04:35 AM
:) hi ya and welcome. good to have you.

chevynut
08-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Welcome to trifivechevys!

smooth 56
08-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the site.Would love to see some pic's,I'm also building a 55 hard top look forward to talking with you.

ilike55s
08-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Hey Guys,,,thanks for all the "welcomes" Going to try to get some current pics today of the 55 and I'll post em prolly tomorrow. I am getting more and more excited as the re-assembly continues cause I can finally see the progress being made. It takes so dang long for assembly cause you gotta stop and do the necessary repairs, polishing, painting and what not of all the parts and pieces before you can put them on the car. The polished stainless really pops on that Candy Apple Red paint!!!! When I come up on a roadblock on the car assembly, I just move over and work on getting the engine ready for a fresh paint job.. It's coming together, slowly but surely!