PDA

View Full Version : Cab Is Off

CHKYWUKY
09-02-2013, 08:56 PM
I had planned on using the cherry picker but after I took the doors off I tried lifting the cab up and decided two guys on each side would be good. I went across the street and got two big kids to help. We rolled the truck out the back of the garage, lifted the cab up and rolled the chassis back in the garage with the help of another buddy and set the cab down on a plywood box that the wife slid under.It was way easier than I thought it would be, that's what I get for think'n.

hurddawg
09-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Cool looking project!

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
09-03-2013, 05:50 AM
nice progress. :cool:

NickP
09-03-2013, 05:57 AM
Nice work!

chevynut
09-03-2013, 07:25 AM
set the cab down on a plywood box that the wife slid under.

I hope she didn't get hurt. :) :)

BAM55
09-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Chkywuky,

You may want to build you a cab dolly so that you can roll that thing around. The are very simple to build and believe you will be very glad that you built it. I made mine out of some metal stock I had lying around, but you can also make them out of wood.

By the way I removed my and installed my cab the same way good old man power.lol My buddy and I.

CHKYWUKY
09-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Chkywuky,

You may want to build you a cab dolly so that you can roll that thing around. The are very simple to build and believe you will be very glad that you built it. I made mine out of some metal stock I had lying around, but you can also make them out of wood.

By the way I removed my and installed my cab the same way good old man power.lol My buddy and I. Yep, I have some pieces of 4x4 left over from my porch.You can see the big casters laying in the pics of my cab that I'm gonna use.