PDA

View Full Version : 55 Nomad Eyebrows/Fender/Door Spears

Nomadder
11-12-2013, 02:49 PM
These items are worth more than their weight in gold right now. It would be nice to have them as reproduction parts at a reasonable price point !!!!!

Nomadder
Dan

Rick_L
11-12-2013, 04:22 PM
So are you going to offer them soon?

Nomadder
11-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Don't have the drawings or samples to characterize from to build.
Anyone???

Rick_L
11-12-2013, 06:04 PM
I was just kidding - unless you're a really resourceful guy.

There have been attempts to produce these from brass and aluminum. There are a couple of guys that have tried to do this who put ads on Ebay occasionally. One of them has the fender and door spear pretty nice but not the eyebrow. The other is not so good in any way. And who knows how they really look in person?

If someone could produce these, and sell them for less than what restored originals go for, and make a reasonable profit, they'd sell. Tall order.

Trust me on this, if our friend Madmook could pull this off, and he'd like to, everyone's problems would be solved. Don't look for a solution soon.

chevynut
11-12-2013, 08:59 PM
There's a guy who lives near me that used to cast them out of bronze. They weren't cheap, but I understand they were pretty nice. I don't know if he still makes them or not...I think his name was Bill Hunt or something like that.

What's a "reasonable price" for a set of these re-popped? I don't even know what originals go for.

Nomadder
11-13-2013, 02:20 AM
There is a company in Georgia that casts the set and sell for $4700. The originals unrestored are in the $2K range and take another $2K to properly restore. Crazy figures.