PDA

View Full Version : Second Chance 55

Partsman
12-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Since I got my old car back I've been stripping and cleaning up to see just what needs to be done, my brother donated a 5.7 Vortec motor, I,ve got it tore down and starting to rebuild it, had a HS buddy rebuild and modify a 700r tran for me, went to pull-and-save for a 3.42 geared disc brake rearend from a Olds Bravada, 59.5" Hubface, not the strongest setup but I'm building a cruiser to drive everywhere. Found a deal on a front 4 puck disc setup, not sure on what I want for master cyl setup yet. I am looking at putting my 6 leaf spring packs that I rebuilt into the frame to let me mount my rearend and keep the E-brake cables in place, wont hurt my feelings to have wider tires either. If anyone has a suggestion on this let me know, I'm new at a lot of this. Thanks!

JT56
12-14-2013, 05:53 AM
First of all Welcome to the site! When you start using different brake items, make sure they will be compatible. What MC bore size is required for the front and rear(caliper size). Look into the the anti lock function. I am not an expert on this but did convert a Dodge Pickup to disc all around. Post some pics

smooth 56
12-14-2013, 05:53 AM
Welcome to the site. Have you got any pic's? As for wide'er tire's there is not a lot of room with out doing a mini tub. SSBC make's a good set up booster and master cyl. that's what I use'd bolted rite in.

Partsman
12-14-2013, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the welcoming. The front discs are ssbc 4 pucks, I'm not tubbing it, just moving the springs into the frame rails to allow me to mount the spring perches without removing the parking brake cable setup on the rearend. If I could figure out how to keep the parking brake working, I'd leave the springs where they are, but the cable brakets are cast, and right where the perches need to be! Back when I owned the car before I remember using two jacks to slip G60 x14 tires in, tight fit!! Having 1/2" less HF and moving the springs should make my tire choices a lot easier!