PDA

View Full Version : TANK'S INC.

NickP
04-29-2014, 06:34 AM
Anyone here use their new EFI pump andtank? Their instructions are crap. I emailed them and all they did was to send alink that showed the same worthless information as their instruction sheet.

I figured it all out with the exceptionof a foam sleeve that comes with it. Does it stay or go? Seems like itwould fall apart and clog things up.

chevynut
04-29-2014, 06:42 AM
The sleeve goes around the pump.

http://www.tanksinc.com/cartimages/prd_lg_227.jpg

NickP
04-29-2014, 07:02 AM
Well, no tie wraps in kit (will any tie wrap work) and I see a cork gskt versus the rubber unit in my kit. If I tie it together as you have shown, it will not pass through the opening. I had to assemble it in the hole so I could pass the return line in otherwise - no fit. Next one will be back to Rick's Tanks for certain.

Rick_L
04-29-2014, 07:44 AM
The correct urethane foam should be good in gasoline or ethanol. I assume that the foam is just a vibration isolator of sorts?

I'm disappointed that you have to assemble it "in the tank". Was considering Tanks Inc. for my Nova. Probably still will because of the difference in cost.

NickP
04-29-2014, 08:08 AM
The correct urethane foam should be good in gasoline or ethanol. I assume that the foam is just a vibration isolator of sorts?

I'm disappointed that you have to assemble it "in the tank". Was considering Tanks Inc. for my Nova. Probably still will because of the difference in cost.

Well me too! I'll have to finish the assembly and shoot a pic or two.

NickP
04-29-2014, 08:54 AM
OK, what I just discovered is the return line can't come past the lower section of the pump body. Cutting it to end there allows the complete assy. to pass through the small hole (see pic) in its entirety with only minor struggles. The stock tank from TANKS INC only allows for a 6-1/4" assembled length to maintain the 1/4" tank bottom to pump bottom clearance.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/2283636/24510297/409320157.jpg

chevynut
04-30-2014, 07:09 AM
Well, no tie wraps in kit (will any tie wrap work) and I see a cork gskt versus the rubber unit in my kit. If I tie it together as you have shown, it will not pass through the opening. I had to assemble it in the hole so I could pass the return line in otherwise - no fit. Next one will be back to Rick's Tanks for certain.

I'd call Tanks and ask them about the pump. The GPA series pump is what I posted, and what's supposed to fit in your tank.

Their tanks are a fraction of the cost of Rick's tanks. Their tri5 EFI tank is $210, or $465 with pump and sender. Rick's tank is nice, but at $1100-1200 it's pretty spendy and a lot of guys don't have that in their budget.

Run-em
05-01-2014, 03:44 AM
The foam is a fuel storage device till the next slosh from the gas in some situations. It also can reduce some noise.