PDA

View Full Version : 3-point seatbelt install in Nomad

chevynut
05-11-2014, 10:05 AM
I finally figured out how I'm going to do this. I want my seat belt retractor hidden, as well as the belt all the way from the retractor to the upper mount. I ended up moving my upper mount down from where I originally put it to make the seat belt lay along the b-pillar better, and I'm happy with how this is turning out. The retractor bolts to the bolt you see sticking out in the rectangular depression and I'm putting a reinforcement plate there. There is a reinforcement plate behind the floor mount already, plug welded inside the quarter. Since the retractor will be INSIDE the quarter panel space, I will have to reverse the belt and the latches. The belt, where it comes out of the top of the inner quarter, will be behind the headliner.

Here's a couple pics of what I did....

3080 3081

chevynut
05-11-2014, 12:09 PM
I have two problems with these seatbelts. First, they're too long for my setup and won't roll up all the way. I don't think Julioano's has any different lengths for 3-point belts. Also, I have decided to go with a different color. These are Taupe, but they have tan plastic on the retractor and the top anchor bolt. There is no plastic at the bottom for some stupid reason. These are not cheap belts so I plan to sell these and buy some different ones...I have the rear lap belts too. Installation of those is next, and they present more challenges with my 4" tubs and custom rear seat.

chevynut
09-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Looks like someone from the other site has been watching over here. He said he found a seatbelt install inside the quarter panels on "another forum" so he copied my idea. Why is it so hard for some people to give credit to others they copy? Why can't he at least acknowledge where he got it from? I guess he doesn't want to piss some people off by mentioning my name. lol.

rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017
09-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Looks like someone from the other site has been watching over here. He said he found a seatbelt install inside the quarter panels on "another forum" so he copied my idea. Why is it so hard for some people to give credit to others they copy? Why can't he at least acknowledge where he got it from? I guess he doesn't want to piss some people off by mentioning my name. lol.

I just saw that myself, looks like he copied your first location at the top. You should be a nice guy and point out that it works better down low and really piss them off LOL.

Rick_L
09-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Well you know why. And he did acknowledge you in a roundabout way.

We don't need Otis so pissed that he signs up as a member and starts posting again. It's probably bad for his health.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
09-04-2014, 06:08 AM
very cool idea of hiding them like that. :cool: