PDA

View Full Version : TCP Global

Tabasco
07-03-2014, 04:58 PM
I will be painting a car soon. On the net I heard good things about buying paint from TCP Global. I went to their website and checked out the price for paint. Just a gallon of PPG sierra gold was over $400. Plus the cost of adobe beige and all the other stuff needed to spray it was several hundred more dollars.

As expensive as paint is I decided it was time I got into the 21th century and replace my 1970s paint guns with new HVLP guns. I heard good things about Devilbiss Finishline 4.

Two weeks ago I googled "Finishline 4" and found an ad on Amazon.com. Good news, it was for a 2 gun kit from TCP Global, the same place I was going to get my paint. So I clicked "add to cart" and sat back and waited for my new guns to arrive.

A week later I got an email from Amazon telling my order had not shipped in the expected time and that I should contact the seller. I sent TCP an email.

I got a reply on Monday that they had to check with the warehouse manager and they would get back with me. I have not heard back yet.

They did not send my order. They did not notify me why they did not send my order. And after I emailed them they did not ever follow through and let me know what is going on.

Today I cancelled the order. Now I'm not sure I want to order paint from them.

Has anyone else had any problems with TCP Global?

I found another source for my paint guns. I got an ad from TP tools today. Devilbiss Finishline 4 are on sale.

Tabasco
07-04-2014, 05:55 AM
This is interesting. Sometime last evening after I posted this, I received an email from Amazon that TCP had shipped my order. The estimated arrival date is Tuesday July 1. (not a typographical error, that is what it said.)

I never did get the email that that TCP promised. At least maybe I will get my guns eventually.

I have done a lot of business with Amazon and never had a problem like this before. I tend to believe that it is TCP that dropped the ball.

56-210Sedan
07-04-2014, 02:43 PM
WOW very interesting to say the least, i agree with you though it sounds like TCP Global messed up, and now they are trying to quick like right there wrong. Keep us up to date on how the rest of this plays out for you, and congrats on the tools :cool: hope they work out good for you.

Tabasco
07-11-2014, 05:21 AM
My paint guns got delivered. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm glad I got them. Now I just need to go paint something.

BAM55
07-11-2014, 09:56 AM
I have dealt with TCP global many times in the past and never had an issue. It could be because my dealing with them have be direct and no middle man involved. That could be why you had issues. I'm glad it all worked out for you. On another note I have used the Finishline guns and still own one. Its a mid range gun and it pretty decent and I think you will like it. It does a good job with base coat and clear. What tip sizes did you get? I used 1.4 for base and clear with it and it served me well. I also have a 1.8 that I use with primer and 2.2 that I use to spray slicksand and once again it served me well.

I recently stepped up to a higher end gun, not because I unhappy with the finishline, but because I never owned a higher end gun. Yes there is a difference but the Finishline will a good job also.

Tabasco
07-11-2014, 04:58 PM
They came with 4 tips, 1.3, 1.5, 1.8 and 2.2. I have never used a hvlp gun before so I have a lot to learn.

Rick_L
07-11-2014, 05:28 PM
After you've done some "test drives" let us know how it's going.

HVLP guns are not hard to use. Pay attention to the literature that came with the guns and especially the air inlet pressure requirements and air flow requirements.

I have a Devillbiss Finishline 2 gun. While there are some things I don't like about it, it sprays well. And Devillbiss is probably long gone from the Finishline 2 problems. The 2 biggest ones being the plastic tip, and the screw on cap on the cup. I've always thought the plastic tip was susceptible to damage, and the threads on the cap and cup are a PITA to clean. I use mine mostly for spraying primer with an 18mm tip. But I've used it for spraying color with a 14 mm tip and it does OK. A 13mm tip would be better for color and clear - and you have one.