PDA

View Full Version : Classic Performance Products Inc

567chevys
07-28-2014, 11:43 AM
Hello Guys

What's the Opinion on Classic Performance Products ??

Thanks Sid

Rick_L
07-28-2014, 01:05 PM
They have some innovative and well intentioned products. The CPP500 steering box being the #1 product and it's very good.

Many of those products are not manufactured very well. Many of those products are made in China. But the steering boxes are made in China, and the quality is good, at least as a general statement.

Their customer service is lacking at times. They are slow to ship, and they won't tell you about something that's on back order unless you ask.

I would tend to buy from a stocking dealer if I wanted something they sell. Beware, some dealers drop ship.

JT56
07-28-2014, 03:23 PM
I have the CPP 500 Box that Rick spoke of and have their MCPV-1 Master Cylinder and offset brake booster setup. Been pleased with all

Maddog
07-28-2014, 08:05 PM
Lots of China junk(steering columns), some decent stuff (500 box) Horrible customer service and shipping time is beyond slow. I've had occasion to buy something, and Summit is my choice but if it's a CPP part I ask the Summit sales person if it's in their inventory or if they have it drop shipped from CPP, if it's drop shipped I say forget it and buy an alternative item.

Bihili
07-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Their tech articles and instruction sheets are the best in the industry.
Some of their stuff may be made in China but their tech articles are well written, obviously by USA car guys.

567chevys
08-17-2014, 08:51 PM
Well got all the parts in for my buddys 55 , looks like it's all made in china (Sad) But looks like good stuff ,
I will keep you guys updated .

Sid

c57heaven
08-18-2014, 04:28 AM
Last week I called to order the steering column plate at 11am local time. Lady answered and said 10-15 minute wait. Would you like to hold or I can take your number and have them call you back? Great. Call me back. I expected a call back in 1/2 hour to one hour. The next day at 10:30am I received a call. Guess I expected too much.
Danchuk had the same part and matched the price when I asked.

NickP
04-16-2017, 12:05 PM
Steering arms are still failing from what I continue to see elsewhere.

markm
04-16-2017, 04:45 PM
I have had good luck with their PS boxes and upper control arms.

royk
04-17-2017, 05:32 AM
I ordered a disc brake w booster an master cylinder for a 1965 F**d pickup they told me 6-8 week deliver it took almost a year to receive it. good thing my customer was in in no hurry.

rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017
04-17-2017, 06:37 AM
I have run the 500 box and their 4 wheel disc kit on my 65 olds for past 10 years got about 70k on both. Been real happy with them. But the bearings they supply are cheap junk I recommend you replace them from the start with good USA parts. I also agree that customer service is lacking.

56Mark
12-14-2017, 07:31 PM
I bought this kit a few years ago. http://www.classicperform.com/Store/1955_1970_Fullsize_Cars/5557SWBK-D12.htm
I asked how much it set the wheels out and was told 3/8". I measured carefully on both sides and after installing I came up with 5/8". More than I wanted. When I bought wheels, I ordered with 1/4" more offset to makeup. The biggest problem I had was the calipers, D52's, had the hose come out in the wrong location for a trifive and the hoses that came with the kit were too long and just no way to make the extra hose stay put and not get into the wheel. After a couple hundred miles I noticed one of the hoses was being cut by the edge of the wheel. I got new calipers with the hose coming out in a different place (can't remember what they fit) and ordered hoses made to fit with the ends I needed from Inline Tube. The other minor problem was one of the spindles had not been drilled deep enough where the tie rod end goes in and had to ream it a little to get the tie rod to go in deep enough to get the nut far enough for the cotter pin. After this, I have put maybe 2,000 miles on the car and it stops great using a dual 8" booster.
I also ordered 500 steering box from their ebay store when it was on sale cheaper than normal and came with a free rag joint. After a couple of weeks the box came and no rag joint. I had to call them and in about 10 more days I got the rag joint. I am happy with the box, but if I had it to do over, I would get the short version of the rag joint they have now. Mine was one that everything was a little too tight for the standard rag joint.
I think some of their tech articles are pretty good.

busterwivell
12-15-2017, 05:18 AM
I recently installed one of their front sway bar kits. The installation instructions were terrible. Fortunately, got it figured out. The 2 supplied bolts for the brackets (that were not mentioned in the instructions) were too long and interfered with the ball joints and had to be replaced with shorter ones.

567chevys
12-20-2017, 08:04 PM
I recently installed one of their front sway bar kits. The installation instructions were terrible. Fortunately, got it figured out. The 2 supplied bolts for the brackets (that were not mentioned in the instructions) were too long and interfered with the ball joints and had to be replaced with shorter ones.

The Stuff I got was the same way , All the Bolts are metric including the ones that hold the steering box on
The ball Joints are not even painted, The calipers where powder coated Black With Nice CCP markings , The Joke ? The CCP logo is a Sticker
I really Think CCP did a Bad job on most parts IMO

Sid

BamaNomad
12-20-2017, 09:04 PM
I really doubt that CPP has a single engineer on their staff at all, either in the US or in the far east. It's obvious to me that they (CPP) simply do quick-n-dirty and CHEAP copy of some other part they think they can sell. I regret every part I've every purchased from them, even the ones that are still in their original boxes, unused...