PDA

View Full Version : Half floor pan Installed

Olderthandirt
09-03-2014, 06:15 PM
My goal this year is to install a new half floor in my 56 Nomad.

25 years ago I had installed inner & outer rockers along with the four floor pans that were available at that time.

Decided to removed them along with the inner rocker panels in order to prime & use weld-through primer. Also primer all floor braces. The rear body mount needed replacing along with the seat mounting plates. I chose to replace the front seat brace just for the easy.

The new half floor pans & cargo pan came from CARS Inc. The fit is OK. The pan seam to be 1/4" to long to line up with the location of all the original braces & roughly 3/8" to wide for the drive shaft tunnel to lay down flat. Had to move the seat mounts from original location to match the floor pan. Tonight I finished drilling the hole for the plug welding & applied weld-through primer.

This week end hope to have one pan all welder in. Will post some pictures then.

chevynut
09-03-2014, 08:32 PM
OTD, I'm wondering why you didn't just buy a whole new assembled floor. Seems like a lot less work and it fixes everything at once with a one-piece floor, braces, and inner rockers all for only around $900.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
09-04-2014, 06:04 AM
like c-nut said, was there a reason you didn't use a one piece floor? :confused:

slowfinger
09-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Yup, After the car was stripped and sandblasted, the complete floor pan was about a 6 hour job. Using a 10' gantry that I made from old steel. Really impressed with the goldstar fit. The mounts and getting it just right might be a little different in other aplications. But you will be glad you bit the bullet and put in 100% floor!

Algoma56
10-28-2014, 10:12 AM
Can you show a picture of your lift to remove body? Did it take you 6 hours to install? How long to remove the old floor?