PDA

View Full Version : LT1 Accelerator Cable

steptoe350
09-29-2014, 01:44 PM
I have installed a 1995 LT1 in my '55 Bel Air and can't seem to find an accelerator cable of the right length. I have one that works great but is much too long for this application. Looks tacky. The cable is approx 33" long (end to end) and the plastic sheath or housing is 23". I would like to find one with the sheath (housing) approx 17-18" measured from the connector at the firewall end. I can only find year/model information but no specific measurements. I even had trouble with Lokar because I can't get info I need. They have universal cables but don't give enough info for my application. Can anyone help please?

chevynut
09-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Can't you just cut down the one you have? Take a look at Lokar cables....you can cut them to the length you need.

Rick_L
09-29-2014, 05:02 PM
X2^^^^. Check out the Lokar stuff.

Maddog
09-29-2014, 05:31 PM
I have installed a 1995 LT1 in my '55 Bel Air and can't seem to find an accelerator cable of the right length. I have one that works great but is much too long for this application. Looks tacky. The cable is approx 33" long (end to end) and the plastic sheath or housing is 23". I would like to find one with the sheath (housing) approx 17-18" measured from the connector at the firewall end. I can only find year/model information but no specific measurements. I even had trouble with Lokar because I can't get info I need. They have universal cables but don't give enough info for my application. Can anyone help please?

If YOU WANT ONE DONE TO YOUR EXACT MEASUREMENTS GET HOLD OF A COMPANY CALLED CONTROL CABLE IN SANTA FE SPRINGS CALIF

steptoe350
10-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Let me re-word this for better understanding. I need a Lokar throttle cable for my LT1 application. The factory cables work great but are too long and look tacky. My problem with Lokar is they only show cables for the older model LT1's which were tuned port engines up to the 1991 model year. My engine is a 1994. Lokar shows an LT1/LT4 cable as part of the tuned port cable but they do not show or explain how this will hook up to my throttle body. My throttle body requires a "leaded barrel" type end on the cable. You cannot cut that off. If their cable has this end...........Great. But they do not say so. Is anyone out there using a Lokar cable in a late model (94 -97) LT1 with the factory throttle body? What number Lokar cable and or adapters did you have to use to make this work? I appreciate any help/suggestions offered. Thanks,

Rick_L
10-08-2014, 08:49 AM
I have a Lokar setup for an LT1. It's been stored so long I don't even remember what it looks like. I'll dig it up hopefully tonight and report back.

steptoe350
10-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Thanks Rick. I don't know what length until I measure my car. I'll do that in the A.M.

Rick_L
10-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Don't worry about the length on a Lokar. You cut it to whatever length you need. I haven't cut mine to length yet.

Rick_L
10-09-2014, 05:28 PM
I couldn't find my Lokar stuff last night and had a mild panic.

Tonight I found the box with my Lokar gas pedal, cable, and adapters. Also my Lokar e-brake, cables, and adapters. Feel better now.

For an LT1/LT4, you need the same cable setup as a TPI. But you need a bracket for the throttle body that's specific to LT1/LT4. It's Lokar part no. TCB-40LT4. With the cable setup and the bracket, you'll also have the pieces to connect a 700-R4 TV cable if needed. The cable is factory terminated at the pedal end. There is a fitting with a set screw for the throttle body end. It's all pretty simple and I'm confident it will work as advertised.

steptoe350
10-11-2014, 08:15 AM
I live in Biloxi, Ms. and the annual "Cruzin the Coast" is here with over 7,000 vehicles. They call it the worlds largest "block party". If you want to learn more go to "crusinthecoast.com". I found a bunch of Tri-Five chevys with LT1's and one guy that knew what I need. It's the TPI cable and they include an adapter for the later model throttle bodies. Thanks to everyone for your help.

chevynut
10-11-2014, 10:38 AM
Sounds just like what Rick told you to use. ;)