PDA

View Full Version : Complete Wiring Harness for 55

Danspeed1
10-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Hello,

I am new to the site. Just picked up my first 55 Chevy. Car is very solid and straight. Unfortunately other than running and driving; there are no lights, radio does not work, and the turn signals do not work. The only electrical component that is actually working is the headlights. I got under the dash and just about every wire under there has been cut multiple times. To make it more confusing there is a rats nest of wiring that was added as well. Under the hood wires are hacked up as well, and the wiring to the horn is cut. Ideally I would like to replace all the harnesses in the vehicle. I am interested in retaining some originality and would like to stick with the glass fuse block. Not interested in upgrading the harness. Just looking for a good factory replacement. Saw that Danchuk sells the harnesses individually however that could get costly quickly. Was wondering who sells a complete OEM setup?

Dan

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
10-10-2014, 05:05 AM
www.hhclassic.com (http://www.hhclassic.com) sells them too.

chevynut
10-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Check out American Autowire.

Danspeed1
10-10-2014, 08:25 PM
American Autowire only has updated harnesses from what I can tell

chevynut
10-11-2014, 05:05 AM
American Autowire only has updated harnesses from what I can tell

Look at their "Factory Fit" harnesses....I believe they are like original. Their "Classic Update" series is the modified one. I don't know if anyone sells the dash harness and front/rear harnesses as a full kit. They have the dash and front light harness together with either a generator or alternator. Not sure what you're looking for.