PDA

View Full Version : 56 fender needed and a question

RichardB
12-06-2014, 07:19 AM
First I'm looking for a right front fender in good shape. I guess no repops are available.

However, I'm not sure which models might fit. I have a 2 door hardtop. Will a post or 4 door fit? Its a belair with the double chrome strips but I can fill or drill holes as needed.

I have one thats decent and can probably be repaired but the top mounting at the firewall is missing. I could weld on on if I could find the piece. I thought about fabricating one which I could do but it wouldn't look like the original. So if anyone has a fender thats not any good and would like to sell just that piece I might be interested.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Richard

NickP
12-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Welcome to the nest Richard. The fender is the same other than trim hole placement for the different models. Contact MP&C (aka Robert) here for some possible insight into make the part. He is the resident Wizzard!

Replacement fender - http://www.southeastchevyparts.com/1956-Chevy-Bel-Air-Front-Fender--Used--_p_351.html

RichardB
12-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the information. I'll write an introduction soon, first things first, lol. I'm 65 and had many many 55 and 56 chevys as a young man. Only one 57 but it was a convertible. Wish I still had that one, lol.

JT56
12-07-2014, 03:17 AM
Welcome to the site Richard!