PDA

View Full Version : Safety, tips and triicks eh...

Blackhorse 3/11
03-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Fire drill..lol I know it sounds corny..

After emphatically telling my son to think to GET the fire extinguisher when he realizes we have one or when I yell fire! I did it one day...

I was under the car doing some torch work, i could see his feet from under the car, so i zapped the oxygen lever a couple a times, cursed and said got a fire Kyle...

He took like half a step forward and then back to where the extinguisher hangs on the wall, and NOW he's hauling ass around the car to where i am...

Perfect!

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
03-26-2012, 09:14 AM
everyone should have extinguishers in cars and home.

Romax55
03-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Blackhorse ; you lucked out having your son there . A lot of shop time is spent here with one of us in the shop , and the other on the road ; it just means those riskier operations have to wait till we have the extra set of hands . It seems the longer the interval between near-misses , the less vigilant we become ; I spent 24 years as a Health and Safety rep for a toolmaking shop , and I'm the worst offender at times . Good idea to have that fire protection handy , and maybe do a little assessment now and then of just what the risks are . Be safe.......Bob.

chasracer
03-05-2018, 07:25 PM
Ditto for sure. Fire's a nasty creature. I have been on fire three times involving racing cars. I see these kids show up for some Friday night action and they're wearing Mechanix gloves. I try to tell them if they do have a fire, those nylon gloves are going to be their worst enemy. And they are not going to believe the pain involved when a doctor has to remove those burn fibers from their already scorched skin.