PDA

View Full Version : turn signals

'55 Dave
06-25-2015, 04:53 PM
Have a '55 Sedan Delivery with no working turn signals. There is a flasher hanging under the dash. No fuse spot in fuse box for turn signals. Where do I start? Where do turn signals get power from?

Rick_L
06-25-2015, 05:50 PM
Dave, the turn signals get power from the fuse panel. If your car (truck?) didn't come with turn signals (and a delivery may not have), there may not have even been a fuse panel from the factory. The flasher is on a pigtail with the factory turn signals.

For factory wiring diagrams, look in the assembly manual. Turn signals are in the RPO section (regular production options).

Even if you go with aftermarket wiring, it will help to understand the way the factory wired that stuff.

By the way, welcome to the site!

'55 Dave
06-26-2015, 07:42 PM
Thanks Rick_L. My SD does have a fuse block but no space or marking in it for turn signals. It does have a turn signal switch, but do not know if it is the original column. I believe it is the original, but not sure. Also, there is a flasher hanging under the dash. ?????? It also has turn indicators in the instrument panel. Grasping at straws................