PDA

View Full Version : Nice 55 nomad video

rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017
07-27-2015, 09:25 AM
I found this video on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc9e8dWgQD8&feature=youtu.be

I really like what they have done(except wheel selection). But I feel like a copy cat now. This car has every detail I have planned for the one I'm building. Smoothy front bumper, smoothy rear sedan bumper, original interior, small factory style steering wheel. kick panel speakers, and a hydro boost brake that even clears the vet engine covers YES!!!!. This one is sporting a newman c4 frame. Not sure the video type but very high def.
Rocky

chevynut
07-27-2015, 09:59 AM
It's a nice car and a really nicely done restoration. If it didn't have the C4 chassis it would be too much of a "cookie cutter" car for my liking though.

Rick_L
07-27-2015, 12:33 PM
The C4 suspension isn't remarkable these days either.

It does appear to be nice workmanship.

chevynut
07-27-2015, 12:51 PM
The C4 suspension may not be that "new" nowadays, since Newman and others have been doing them for at least 15 years now. Heck, the suspensions are from 84-96, making them 20-30 years old. But they are a big upgrade from stock and a small fraction of tri5 cars out there use them. I estimate there may be around 1000 or so cars with the C4 suspension upgrade....close to the same number as there are with a Morrison chassis. There's a lot more cars with aftermarket suspension upgrades and other "cookie cutter" bolt-on stuff.

Rocky do you still believe you can get C4 suspension geometry and driving "feel" with bolt-on parts? :) :) Have you ever driven a Tri5 with a C4 suspension? I haven't. LOL! :)

07-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Not sure Laz but I hope it at least keeps up with the cookie cutter LS vet engine I'm puttin in it lol.

chevynut
07-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Not sure Laz but I hope it at least keeps up with the cookie cutter LS vet engine I'm puttin in it lol.

If I was building my Nomad today I'd probably be putting an LS engine in it too. I love the looks of the Ramjet intake and how the BBC fills the engine compartment but the LS engines are just so efficient and powerful it only makes sense to go with one. Probably if I ever build my other 56. ;)

Rick_L
07-27-2015, 06:19 PM
I looked at the video with a little more scrutiny. Many things I'd change to make it nicer if I'd built it. The liftgate needs some attention from Madmook. But again the finish work is nice. I'd be curious as to the asking/selling price.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
07-28-2015, 05:55 AM
someone can buy it for me and I'll review it for you all. :geek:

07-28-2015, 07:04 AM
Rick I could see all the way to the inside of the car thru that gap in the lift gate. They say even the good ones leak, I believe that one might poor lol. It was missing the waffle trim also not sure why if your going back original. I would have painted or covered the speaker kick panels also if it was mine.

Do all the kick panels with speakers for a trifive stick inboard that far?
I'm just curious my cutlass has some but they are much more compact as far as protruding inboard.

Zoomin
10-13-2015, 08:31 AM
That car's not bad if you're into near perfection. :D

No, not all kick panels protrude that far. Mine don't but I can't tell you the brand since the PO did it.

10-13-2015, 09:26 AM
That car's not bad if you're into near perfection. :D

No, not all kick panels protrude that far. Mine don't but I can't tell you the brand since the PO did it.

Your not talking about Norma are you? I thought she was totally original before you started butchering her LOL. If you are I wish I had paid more attention when I was in her presence but I became star struck and quit paying attention to details..... please send me a pic of the kick panel when you have time.
Thanks
Rocky

Zoomin
10-13-2015, 07:24 PM
Your not talking about Norma are you? I thought she was totally original before you started butchering her LOL. If you are I wish I had paid more attention when I was in her presence but I became star struck and quit paying attention to details..... please send me a pic of the kick panel when you have time.
Thanks
Rocky

The po changed the radio and kick panels but he also kept the originals with the car and I have them. I'm doing the same thing with the treadle vac and drum brakes. I'll shoot a pic and will also check to see if there's any indication of who makes them.

chevynut
10-13-2015, 08:01 PM
IMO you're kidding yourself if you think your car(s) will ever be returned to stock. Very few people want stock tri5s just like very few people want stock 32 Fords. And that number, imo, will drop over time. Stock muscle cars are cool because they're already hot rods and drive much better than 50's cars. I'd have a hard time deciding whether to modify a stock 69 Z/28 or a '69 Corvette. I like modified cars, but the muscle cars hold a special place in my past since I grew up with them. Same with the guys who grew up with tri5s and whose numbers are declining daily.

10-13-2015, 11:47 PM
Cnut I was just messing with Steve. It is his car and he can do as he wishes. You haven't seen the car. It is a numbers matching very low miles fully loaded power everything car. If any are worth keeping original it is!!! Steve will tell you himself he bought the car with the intensions of a full blown LS powered custom built nomad but after getting it he's had troubles doing that. After seeing it my self I can fully understand why.

Steve I must admit that red leather would have looked nice in her lol.

Zoomin
10-16-2015, 06:21 PM
IMO you're kidding yourself if you think your car(s) will ever be returned to stock. Very few people want stock tri5s just like very few people want stock 32 Fords. And that number, imo, will drop over time. Stock muscle cars are cool because they're already hot rods and drive much better than 50's cars. I'd have a hard time deciding whether to modify a stock 69 Z/28 or a '69 Corvette. I like modified cars, but the muscle cars hold a special place in my past since I grew up with them. Same with the guys who grew up with tri5s and whose numbers are declining daily.

A group of my gearhead friends are taking bets on how long that 265 is going to last in there. :o

Look at the underside of this old girl, and no, it hasn't had a frame off...

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb15/Zoominz06/Norma%20-%201956%20Nomad/IMG_3565_zpsrse8miy2.jpg

Cnut I was just messing with Steve. It is his car and he can do as he wishes. You haven't seen the car. It is a numbers matching very low miles fully loaded power everything car. If any are worth keeping original it is!!! Steve will tell you himself he bought the car with the intensions of a full blown LS powered custom built nomad but after getting it he's had troubles doing that. After seeing it my self I can fully understand why.

Steve I must admit that red leather would have looked nice in her lol.

i do have a weakness for red interiors, lol! But I really love this 50's style of the original too.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb15/Zoominz06/Norma%20-%201956%20Nomad/IMG_3551_zpsmmrjqz8y.jpg