PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Air 57 need help

Danny57
07-28-2015, 08:51 AM
I'm installing a Vintage Air system in my 57 150. The evaporator firewall mounting brackets instructions say 1 bolts through firewall using existing hole by removing the firewall pad retention plug& replace with bolt. That's OK but the other says to use their template to drill the other. Problem is:The template makes the mounting hole fall right in the hood hinge firewall mounting & the template looks nothing like they describe. If the bracket was mounted upside down, it might work, but drawings show upright. HELP!

chevynut
07-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Are you installing a cable unit or the Gen IV servo unit? I don't see anything about drilling any mounting holes in the VA Gen IV instructions.

http://www.vintageair.com/Instructions2013/901257.pdf

Danny57
07-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Servo system, they no longer sell the cable.
Page 10 of instructions show the rear mounting brackets being bolted from the firewall side.
Page 24 is 2 templates, 1 for drain hole & the second is the confusion "Core Support Template"
I have to get the hole correct before fighting to get the evaporator under the dash.

chevynut
07-28-2015, 10:25 AM
The core support template is for drilling holes in the radiator support (core support) side panels, not the firewall.

I was under the impression that the cable units were still available.