PDA

View Full Version : 56 bench seat - will it work in a 57 Bel Air?

Rodjockey
07-28-2015, 01:52 PM
Will a 56 Chevy bench seat work in a 57 Bel Air?

Thanks in advance!

Rick_L
07-28-2015, 03:10 PM
First, welcome to the site!

A 56 seat will go right in to a 57 as far as bolting up. However the seats are slightly different, especially the shells on the sides.

I'm not real knowledgeable on the details, the back cushions are a bit different between the two (57 thinner), so stock 57 upholstery may not fit well on a 56 seat. There may be ways around this.

chevynut
07-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Welcome to the site Rodjockey. You should go to the new member forum and introduce yourself.

rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017
07-29-2015, 09:32 AM
First, welcome to the site!

A 56 seat will go right in to a 57 as far as bolting up. However the seats are slightly different, especially the shells on the sides.

I'm not real knowledgeable on the details, the back cushions are a bit different between the two (57 thinner), so stock 57 upholstery may not fit well on a 56 seat. There may be ways around this.

I should know sense I just sold a 57 seat and gave them my 55 tracks to go with it. But doesn't it put the seat in a slightly different location? It seems I remember the feet that attach to the floor are different spacing between the two years although as stated they both bolt to the floor. What I mean is I believe they have the same distance for floor mounting but if you put both tracks side by side the mounting holes on top that attach the seat to the tracks are in different locations meaning the seat might be slightly located different, not that it really matters.

JT56
07-29-2015, 10:44 AM
Welcome to the site. They are different, but I am assuming you are talking about a 2 door hardtop or sedan front seat, not a 4 door?

Rick_L
07-29-2015, 03:15 PM
Rocky the holes in the floor where the seats mount are the same on all cars. What might be different is the track itself, and also the lower seat frame where the track mounts.

So if one had a seat assembly with tracks, it's going to bolt in.