PDA

View Full Version : 1957 Belair for sale-283/3spd/overdrive

kornbread
09-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Had the fun opportunity to fix this car up out of my uncles collection. Had my fun and now its time to move it on. I appreciate all the info I have found on this site through lurking around.
http://www.trifivechevys.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5005&stc=1

Engine is a 283 v8. Its an original 1957 engine, but not the original engine to the car. Has been rebuilt around 500 miles ago, but it has been many years so it doesn't "appear" fresh. Runs well. The transmission is a 3 speed on the column with FACTORY OVERDRIVE! This was an option and I have seen very few cars with it, let alone all there and functioning.

The fuel system was replaced when I got it, has new tank and sending unit, filter and rebuilt four barrel carburetor on it. Also has an electric fuel pump.

The interior has been mostly replaced. New seat covers, carpet, package tray, glove box and kickpanels.

The front of the car has drop spindles and front disc brakes. The master cylinder is an upgraded two reservoir type. Car has a nice rake to it. The bad part is the front tires rub a bit when turning. The original rims with tires come with it as well as the original spindles and brake parts. The wheels that are on it now do have some rust on them from sitting.

Outside the car got all new reproduction chrome. It truly is beautiful. There are many boxes of the original chrome that come with the car. The paint is probably the worst part about it, along edges of body panels it has chipped over the years. There are some imperfections here and there. I believe it to have been repainted at one point in its life. Looks good at 10 feet, but noticeable up close.

I have had many emails asking about rust on the car. This is an above average condition for a Ohio car. At one point (before my uncle purchased it) it had a few fist sized holes in the floor, these had a replacement panel laid over and welded in. I couldn't tell from the top, only when you look underneath. The floor is very much solid. The only other rust problem is on the drivers rocker, there is a finger size hole on the inside panel(NOT THE OUTSIDE!!) It is not visible externally. Other than that the trunk and everything is solid. Asking $22,500 obo. Location- Sunbury, Ohio. Thanks for looking!

belair57
01-31-2016, 07:10 AM
Do you still have the 57? What color is the firewall? Do you have any pictures of the underneath of floors, rockers and trunk? Any pictures would be fine. Very interested.
belair57
tvg57nomad@yahoo.com

belair57
02-06-2016, 06:02 AM
Do you still have the 57? Please contact me or send email/phone number.

Regards
Tom
618-623-6311, tvg57nomad@yahoo.com