PDA

View Full Version : Mast oil pan

GTOFBOD
10-17-2015, 01:38 PM
Just curious if anyone has any experience with the Mast ls swap oil pan part #MTM401-111? I'm going to be running an lq4 in my 55 with stock steering linkage, and have been told this pan will fit trifives. If anyone has any info, post up. Thanks.

chevynut
10-17-2015, 03:09 PM
May be some info here:

http://www.trifivechevys.com/showthread.php/3787-LS-oil-pan-advice-needed?highlight=mast

GTOFBOD
10-17-2015, 04:16 PM
Yeah I've read through that thread, good info. I'm really close to pulling trigger on the mast, seems like a good value. Similar price as the Holley, but comes with a baffle. Hey chevynut, what's you take on the mast pan not having provisions to be bolted to the bellhousing?

chevynut
10-17-2015, 04:58 PM
GTOFBOD, I'm not an LS guy so I really can't answer your question. Honestly I didn't even know they were bolted to the bellhousing. :geek: What happens when you change out the bellhousing to something like a Quicktime? I plan to put an LS engine in my next build, so I need to learn. ;)

weissmr
10-17-2015, 07:19 PM
I installed the Holley pan on my LS2, if fit and looked great. The pan cleared the stock steering linkage and did not sit below the frame. I am very satisfied with the Holley solution.

GTOFBOD
10-17-2015, 08:08 PM
Yeah, the Holley is a really good pan, but if you want a baffle you have to buy it separate for around $200. The Mast pan comes with a baffle for about the same price as the Holley without. Idk though, a baffled pan is probably a bit overkill in my app, but I would like to have a baffled pan. Maybe I'll give the Mast a try and report back.