PDA

View Full Version : Hardtop doors different than convertible?

rarerodder
10-17-2015, 07:31 PM
Hey guys, I need to know if there is any difference between a 2 door hardtop door assembly and a convertible door assembly. By door assembly I mean just the painted full door assembly without the vent window and trim. I have a convertible project and I have found a good buy on a pair of new 2 door hardtop doors still boxes. Someone school me please.

Maddog
10-17-2015, 09:23 PM
Doors the same, vent window stainless is different.

rarerodder
10-18-2015, 05:55 AM
I should have added that the reason I ask is that the retailers have different part numbers for the convertible doors vs
hardtop doors. This confused me as I thought the door assemblies were the same minus the vent window trim.

chevynut
10-18-2015, 07:35 AM
I always thought they were the same, but I don't have a hardtop or a convertible.

Maddog
10-18-2015, 02:33 PM
I should have added that the reason I ask is that the retailers have different part numbers for the convertible doors vs
hardtop doors. This confused me as I thought the door assemblies were the same minus the vent window trim.

Technically they are different as the metal post under the trim is different but is easily modified to fit the vent trim correctly.

Tabasco
10-19-2015, 05:36 AM
Technically they are different as the metal post under the trim is different but is easily modified to fit the vent trim correctly.

I have used a convertible door on a hardtop before. I just had to modify the top few inches of the post for the hardtop trim to fit. The hardtop trim has a dip at the top for the flipper clearance.

It should be an easy fix to use hardtop doors on a convertible. Just make the minor modifications needed for your trim to fit the door.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
10-19-2015, 05:40 AM
if they have both, just get the right one for your car. why would you want to modify it anyway:geek: