PDA

View Full Version : C4 swap

destroyertta
11-13-2015, 07:37 PM
So I finally got my frame out from under the body and into the garage to do the suspension after purchasing a front and rear kit from laszlo back in 2012 hopefully I can keep a steady pace over the winter and at least get it back on its own wheels but something will probably slow me down but I try to post as much as I can on my progress just don't hold your breath haha

hutchenc
11-14-2015, 12:39 PM
Looks great! I just pulled all my upgraded, but stock suspension off my '56 getting ready for one of Lazlo's front C4 conversions. Found a local fellow who bought everything off my stock front end...really helped offset the overall cost!

Still gotta pull the motor, but can't wait to see that Corvette suspension on the front end!

chevynut
11-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Give me a call or e-mail if there's anything I can help you with. Glad you're ready to dive in. :)

destroyertta
11-14-2015, 06:30 PM
I am going to sell what I can already sold the four speed Caitlyn Jenner lol and the leaf springs almost had the rear sold I thought it was a ford 9" but it's an 8.8 I think but the guy didn't want it I don't even know if it's worth anything the motor I am going to put in my 88 Camaro since it has the stock 305 toilet bowl injection
Laszlo I am sure i will be bothering you with something �� But I will post it here hopefully along with any solutions I just need to keep making progress that my biggest challenge

destroyertta
12-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Ok so I was checking the frame to see if it's square I crossed measured the four most rear body mounts don't have the exact measurement with me but it was a half inch off I know these frames are not perfect but is that exceptible and please let me know if I am doing it correctly lol thanks

Rick_L
12-01-2015, 11:26 AM
1/2" out I'd fix it regardless of the specs.

chevynut
12-01-2015, 08:41 PM
I would be careful using the body mounts because the tolerances on their location are pretty wide. There are some holes that are referenced in the frame drawing that would be better. Make sure the frame is square before you fit the clip. Once you cut the front off you can square it up pretty easily if it's not square now.