PDA

View Full Version : Classic Edge prices going up!

chevynut
01-04-2016, 02:47 PM
With the rising costs of welding gas, electricity, heating, shipping, and everything else I have decided to raise the prices on some of our products a little. I haven't changed the price of a basic or full C4 conversion chassis since I started building them years ago, and I am holding those prices and the prices on the C4 clips at the same level for the time being. Pricing for frame and clip options has increased slightly. We still offer the best value and the most flexibility of any aftermarket frame supplier, imo. :)

I have raised the price on my C4 suspensions and a few other products we offer. The increases are minimal, and are more in line with competitive offerings I have looked at. I may further adjust pricing as the year progresses, depending on my costs and market factors.

For Trifivechevys.com members I will honor the old pricing through January for orders received before the end of the month.

I have updated the pricing on my website. ;)

www.ClassicEdgeDesigns.com

rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017
01-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Guess you going to blame the libs Lol.;)

chevynut
01-04-2016, 05:54 PM
Guess you going to blame the libs Lol.;)

Well, with everyone's health insurance going up in leaps and bounds who else is there to blame? :) UPS employees get a guaranteed raise every year because of their union contracts even when nobody else gets raises. Everything like that drives inflation and everyone demands increases due to the cost of living going up.

By the way, I pretty much quit using UPS and now use FedEx whenever I can because FedEx is cheaper and is non-union. I shipped my front bumper to Madmooks using FedEx for only $37.

55 Rescue Dog
01-05-2016, 05:37 AM
I wish I could commit before the end of January for a complete frame. Here I was hoping the prices would go down. Oh well, I understand, but it is getting harder to come up with the money too, for my project. Into it for 5 grand so far, for just the suspension, and rough car, and it seems endless from there.

chevynut
01-05-2016, 07:02 AM
I wish I could commit before the end of January for a complete frame. Here I was hoping the prices would go down. Oh well, I understand, but it is getting harder to come up with the money too, for my project.

RD, note that I didn't change the prices for the clips, frame conversions, or even full rear kits at this time. The modifications to accommodate an early suspension or a 2" drop are taking more labor than I estimated, so they went up a little but the increase is relatively small. I used to charge $1000-1100 for a complete front or rear suspension, then dropped it to $900 when I had too many of them. Now I have raised it back to $950 and it may have to go up more in the future if costs rise. It can cost $300 or more to ship one of these suspensions. I also increased the price adder for a late Dana 44 since they're becoming a lot harder to find. I added an option for a late Dana 44 differential installed into an early suspension as the gear ratios are different, and charge extra for the diff swap. No change on seat mount kits (I'm actually almost sold out) and a $5 increase in the smooth HB adapters, and a $25 increase in a basic rear kit. That's pretty much it for now unless costs force me to increase the conversion prices in the future. My cost for laser-cut parts went up 50% for the last batch I ordered and I need to order more soon, and I don't expect prices to drop.

I understand it's hard to come up with the money especially right after Christmas. Prices won't go down unless I run out of work, which doesn't look like it's going to happen. ;) I sent you a PM.

Troy
01-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Cnut I say you gang up with your son a form a union and stick it to the man, get better beni's, wage, working conditions!!! :D

chevynut
01-05-2016, 07:43 AM
Cnut I say you gang up with your son a form a union and stick it to the man, get better beni's, wage, working conditions!!! :D

We don't do government jobs. ;)

After my experience at Boeing, I swore I would never be part of a union again. They stifle people's motivation and reward slackers.