PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

Loose122
08-30-2016, 10:56 AM
Hey all I am trying to figure out how to set up parking / emergency brake. I currently have all new parts from the pull handle to the fulcrum.
My car has a newer ? 10 bolt rear and rear drum brakes. Will a stock rear parking brake cable work ?
I also have lokar cables but im running into a mounting issue as I want to use the stock pull handle.

Has anyone been able to use lokar cables and stock front Half. If so where and how did you mount the cable bracket and what other issues did you run into.
Thanks

markm
08-30-2016, 01:40 PM
My 55 has a Dana 60 with 10 bolt rear drum brakes off a Camaro with a stock brake cable. I had to make a spacer 1 inch thick where the cable goes through backing plate to get proper adjustment. Spacer was a piece of 1 inch square tube with a hole in it.

Custer55
08-30-2016, 08:44 PM
Hey all I am trying to figure out how to set up parking / emergency brake. I currently have all new parts from the pull handle to the fulcrum.
My car has a newer ? 10 bolt rear and rear drum brakes. Will a stock rear parking brake cable work ?
I also have lokar cables but im running into a mounting issue as I want to use the stock pull handle.

Has anyone been able to use lokar cables and stock front Half. If so where and how did you mount the cable bracket and what other issues did you run into.
Thanks

It will work to use the Lokar cables with the stock e-brake front cable. I did it on my C4 conversion frame and it works pretty well. You can see what I did if you look on my C4 Frame project thread. The only issue I had was clearance to the floor pan where I mounted it (behind the drivers seat the floor pan is about as low as it gets) but that wouldn't apply if you keep the stock front set up in the stock location.
You would need to fab a mount for the Lokar cables to attach them to the stock lever. It would just need to be designed to clear everything and be strong enough to hold the cables safely in place.
Brian

P.S. Page 9 and 10 was when I was setting up the e-brake.