PDA

View Full Version : 57 REAR BEARINGS RW307R question

bobbybelair
09-08-2016, 08:55 AM
I'm looking to pick up some new rear bearings for my 57. When I go to Rockauto and put RW307R bearings in my basket, there is a message that you should install new wheel seals with the bearings along with a link to the selection. Is this correct?

There is also a big difference in price between the Timken and SKF bearings.

markm
09-08-2016, 09:07 AM
I would always replace seals when installing new bearings, especially in an application where seal goes on first. Define big price difference, is Timken USA made.

bobbybelair
09-08-2016, 09:18 AM
timken 70 bucks, SKF 115 bucks. I asked Rockauto about origin but they said they will not and cannot say where they are made as products are produced globally.

Rick_L
09-08-2016, 09:41 AM
I think the bearings are sealed, don't have an additional seal, and no place to put one. Unless they are referring to the o-ring, which should come with the bearing.

bobbybelair
09-08-2016, 10:00 AM
I think the bearings are sealed, don't have an additional seal, and no place to put one. Unless they are referring to the o-ring, which should come with the bearing.

That's what I thought. I've never changed them before so best to ask. I know I need axle flange gaskets too but didn't think I needed the wheel seals.