PDA

View Full Version : wildwood brakes

mikes55
01-23-2017, 04:46 PM
is any one out there running manual brakes with the wildwood 261-13626 wildwood 15/16 bore master cylinder and the wildwood 4 piston disc brake calipers on front and rear of their tri fives? I currently have the wildwood disc front and rear but have the cpp master cylinder with the 11/8 bore and 7 inch booster and not enough vacuum so I'm thinking of switching to the manual setup and would like to hear some feedback. any response would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Rick_L
01-23-2017, 07:13 PM
I'm not, but I've seen on other forums where some were pleased with that setup. Just tried to find a link to one of those but my search turned up empty.

No doubt it will be better than what you have now. Question is whether you'll like the feel of the brakes. Definitely will be better.

WagonWonder
01-24-2017, 06:23 AM
NASCAR uses disc brakes, do they have power disc? Granted their cars may not weigh as much but the brakes, though highly developed, seem to stop pretty well.

chevynut
01-24-2017, 09:50 AM
Do they even use the brakes in NASCAR? :D

55 Rescue Dog
01-24-2017, 10:08 AM
Do they even use the brakes in NASCAR? :D
On the short tracks, and road courses of course they do with the rotors glowing red hot. No power brakes either. Ever seen them pull into their pit box? I'm sure they have great brakes, and they fit inside a 15 inch wheel.