PDA

View Full Version : help with my 57 chevy

bubbas57
03-19-2017, 09:36 PM
Good evening, I found you on the internet. I have a 55 and a 57 Chevy 2dr/htps. I am rewiring my 57 chevy front to back and I am using American Autowire. Is there someone out there that can help me with a video on how to get this done. I guess I am apprentsive about getting started and don't want to mess it up. I am redoing the 57, but the 55 is all original. I am 67 years old and live in Victoria Tx, cell number is 361-648-1957.
any help is appreciated.

NickP
03-20-2017, 07:10 AM
Instructions, though not very descriptive, are present on line. Help us understand exactly what you need. Is it the actual connection at each location? Crimping? Routing?

chevynut
03-20-2017, 07:40 AM
Bubba, read the instructions and just dive in. Once you start, it's probably not that hard to do. Which kit are you using, the stock replacement or the Classic Update? We can try to answer any questions you might have after you get going. These are pretty simple cars.

BamaNomad
03-20-2017, 08:09 AM
I have one of these AAW kits (classic update) myself, and will be doing this soon. I've never done it before either, or observed/participated in such an update, so it will be NEW to me also. Each circuit's wiring is individually bundled, so absent any better approach, I'd wire each circuit (wrap the bundles by circuit?), and continue until all circuits ran. Once all the circuits are ran, tested, and finalized, I'd then wrap the bundles running together as one bundle.

I'm thinking it would be an advantage to have each circuit bundle wrapped separately if one was trouble shooting post facto? .. Or am I wrong about this?

Can anyone who has done this before, please 'rain' some wisdom down on me and the OP? :)

chevynut
03-20-2017, 10:29 AM
I can't help with the AAW kits because I've never used one. I thought about buying one for my Nomad but since mine is so customized, the location of the fuse panel was limited, and I have so many added electrical things, it didn't work out well for me for the cost....so I built mine from scratch. :)