PDA

View Full Version : Nice Brake Upgrade

markm
03-23-2017, 12:01 PM
When I narrowed the 1/2 ton Ford Camper Special Dana 60 for my 55 I used Toms Diff. axle ends that use Olds Bearings and Camaro / Chevelle backing plates & drums. I have recently learned that 77 Cutlass and some full size GM cars until 96 use same axle ends with 11 inch drums instead of 9.5. I just completed the swap and when I get my new tires on my 15X10 Torq Thrust I am ready to test drive. My 15x8.5s are going to visit my 67 Camaro with a pair of 15X6. Next up ditching the Metric calipers on 55 for 77 Cutlass ones.

markm
03-25-2017, 05:49 PM
Rained all night into AM, survived a test drive this afternoon around the section. 295/50/15 really fill the wheel well.

chevynut
03-28-2017, 04:32 PM
Well isn't this interesting....

https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171288

https://www.trifive.com/forums/member.php?u=6974

http://www.trifivechevys.com/search.php?searchid=769778

https://www.trifive.com/forums/member.php?u=16900

NickP
03-28-2017, 06:03 PM
huh?

Rick_L
03-29-2017, 04:27 PM
OK I'll bite.

Looks like markm is participating again on the "dark side". As I have.

More going on over there in terms of discussion and content. Also the negative influences here personally attack you and demand you do things their way. When Otis and Terry attack you they just cut you off. Pick your poison. I'm maintaining both for now.

567chevys
03-29-2017, 07:23 PM
Rick you hit the head on the nail

Really sad how people treat this site .

I'm really tired of pouring $$$$$$$$ into this for what is being done here
I really wanted a place for people to talk , asked and feel at home,
Now I understand why some rule with a Iron Fist.
its just not in my cards .

Guess I will just have to wait and see how things go

Thanks Sid

NickP
03-29-2017, 07:54 PM
Regardless of attitudes, mine included, it's all about CONTENT. If nothing takes place for days at a time, folks simply will NOT come here. The bickering, personal stabs, ridiculous attacks and many other things have driven most away. Those left here, few as it may be are diehards of two types - those wanting a smooth place to land and those exiled by their own choice. I was hopeful that growth would abound. I do think the sandbox is big enough for more than one site.

I also think the builds are dwindling due to completion for so many. This will diminish attendance unless there is reason to be here.

I left and for that I apologize. I should have simply ignored the reason behind my departure but the button had been pushed simply too many times.

I don't think an "Iron Hand" is required but some control may be better than none.

Belair-o
03-30-2017, 06:08 AM
NCW said: Those left here, few as it may be are diehards of two types - those wanting a smooth place to land and those exiled by their own choice.

For me, there is an additional type. I am on this site, and two others. I get different value from all three, and don't restrict myself to any one. Thanks for the expertise and advice shared on this site (and on the other sites).
Regards, Doug

WagonWonder
03-30-2017, 08:40 AM
NCW said: Those left here, few as it may be are diehards of two types - those wanting a smooth place to land and those exiled by their own choice.

For me, there is an additional type. I am on this site, and two others. I get different value from all three, and don't restrict myself to any one. Thanks for the expertise and advice shared on this site (and on the other sites).
Regards, Doug

Please do not take this wrong but, the "I get" is the real issue for me. "CONTENT" as posted by NCW is a two way street. Answering or getting answers is only half - Supplying new and fresh content (something I haven't done due to NO experience) is as important if not the most important part of membership regardless of the groups subject/reason for existence.

markm
03-30-2017, 03:43 PM
First I never want to hear from a certain A hole about hijacking a thread again.

Second Rick and NCW I haven't always completely agreed with you but this time you guys have nailed it, even when we have disagreed it has alleys been civil. I will not repeat what you have stated.

It is no secret I dislike pro touring and everything associated with it. I did not like pro touring when it started with Camaros. I started driving Z28s in the 70s, why they handled like slot cars. If you like traditional trifive stuff on here you get made fun of and called names. Bottom line is unlike a troll, I am more polite and subdued on here than in person.

chevynut
03-31-2017, 07:42 PM
What do you call a guy who bashes the other site repeatedly and then uses TWO IDs on BOTH sites to post? I call the dikhed a f-ing hypocrite! Now I understand what I always thought "USA1" was an asshole...too. He has both IDs here too, and he's used them both.

https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171605

I post more REAL car content here than all of the "top posters" put together. Then I have to put up with the critics and assholes who have never actually BUILT anything in their lives, but have to bash what I've done. Some guys use this site to post their political BS and nothing else. Even when asked, they don't post project updates here that they post on the other site. Toxic Rick posts to try to show how much he thinks he knows, and still gives me shit about not finishing my car, but he's still working on spindles after 15 years....lol! An he's always a critic, virtually never giving kudos to anyone about anything. Still have yet to see any pics or project posts from either RickL or markm...or is that USA1?

If this site keeps going this way, it's going to die. I've tried to post car content, whether my own projects or just useful stuff that I feel someone might be able to use. But there's always the dikheads who have to bash anything anyone posts.

Rick_L
03-31-2017, 07:49 PM
Again it's your way or no way in your twisted mind. And you ridlcule, criticize, belittle anyone who challenges you. You don't get it do you?

BamaNomad
03-31-2017, 09:06 PM
WHY does anyone have to *challenge* anything anyone else says or does here??? If you don't agree with someone's approach, state your own approach or disagree, but don't make it personal... NOTHING anyone else says or does to their car affects YOU or YOUR car anymore than YOU let it... My gosh boys!! Live and Let Live... Is your lives so 'stress free' that you have to go to a car forum for your drama??????