PDA

View Full Version : Nomad /Safari liftgate information

shoebox55
10-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Curing Liftgate Woes (http://www.trifivechevys.com/library/pdf/LiftgateNomadPost.pdf)

MadMooks
01-27-2011, 10:15 PM
i also straighten these as well :mrgreen: you can check out my website for more info on all my nomad parts and services. www.madmooks.com (http://www.madmooks.com)

02-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Nice site Mike ,
When can you bring that 55 Mad over I have a spare spot for it in my shop !!

Sid

MadMooks
02-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Sid, my dad loves that car. you can prolly guess, i dont get to drive it that much :x

chevynut
03-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I can attest to the quality of Mike's liftgate straightening. My liftgate was distorted so it would rub the roof in the middle, and didn't' line up with the drip rail on the ends. Mike straightened it and it fits perfectly now.

Here's some pics before and after. Awesome work.

MadMooks
03-26-2012, 10:09 PM
chevynut, no such thing as perfect in my book! btw, diggin your new avatar pic. looks good

chevynut
03-27-2012, 07:59 AM
Thanks Mike! Your work is just about as "perfect" as GM enabled you to make it. The liftgates weren't perfect from the factory, but the way you straighten them makes them fit as good as they possibly can.

BTW, I know you've heard it a dozen times, but my liftgate is coming off pretty soon to heli-coil the hinge holes, and send it to you for chroming. This last mockup process took me a lot longer than I expected but I'm doing the final tailgate and liftgate fitting. Now I have to do my new shop design before I get back to working on the car.

56-210Sedan
03-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Spoke with a person in out little car club today Mike that you did work for "Dennis Hall" he is wanting to see some of your new stuff and sounds as he plans on sending more work your way ;) hopefully we can get another member with a 56 Nomad to send work your way:cool:

MadMooks
03-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Dennis Hall! hes a good guy. he blames me for never being able to finish his 57 nomad LOL. im hoping to make it to the convention this year to show off my parts.

56-210Sedan
04-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Dennis Hall! hes a good guy. he blames me for never being able to finish his 57 nomad LOL. im hoping to make it to the convention this year to show off my parts.

Yes i agree Dennis is a good guy, Dennis, myself and a few other guys went to our first local car show Saturday, indoors of course.

tewitt1949
04-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Mike straightened my lift gate on my 5 nomad and it was the best money ever spent. Did a great job and looks as good as new or better. Thanks for the great job Mike.

Terry

MadMooks
04-06-2012, 08:37 PM
thanks Terry. Remember to send me a couple of shots of your nomad so i can post them on my website. i have 2 pictures finished pictures that you posted on the other sites, just need two more. thanks again