PDA

View Full Version : How to basic wire 57

Hen's 57
04-14-2017, 12:57 PM
7084Hey guy's,I need some help on how to basic wire my 57 four door Chevy to just get it to run to move it about while I work on it, just until I get the whole painless wiring harness in the not to distant future. Right now it has a 1968 307 engine, using a stock distributor with a Pertronix Ignitor kit and pertronix coil. I still have the original Generator and voltage regulator hooked-up to the battery,and i'm using an MSD 6a ignition box to get a better spark. The ignition switch I installed is not a stock 57 chevy switch. Its one from a parts store that has a wire hook-up post for acc. one for ign. one for batt. and one post directly in the center of the switch marked ST. I drew a wiring diagram,and attached a picture of my diagram. My Question is , does this wiring diagram look right? Any mistakes? Just don't want to start a fire. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

chevynut
04-14-2017, 03:50 PM
So what is your question? The "ST' goes to the starter solenoid.

NickP
04-14-2017, 08:46 PM
So what is your question? The "ST' goes to the starter solenoid.

I think he was just sharing information.

Hen's 57
04-15-2017, 07:17 AM
Hey, just wanted to know if my wiring was good for a start-up. Thanks for your response chevynut.

chevynut
04-15-2017, 05:57 PM
Sorry, but on my computer it's pretty hard to read anything you wrote on your drawing. From a cursory glance it looks right...except I know nothing about the Pertronix box.