PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Stephens

MadMooks
05-13-2017, 03:21 PM
Just wanted to pass along that Rocky Stephens , rockytopper on the forum, passed away. Really shocked to hear this. He was one of my favorite customers and car friends without a doubt . Always used to bust my chops . Great nomader, great guy, real loss to the hobby . Rest in peace buddy. Enjoy life with ur loved ones, it can be taken from you in an instant .

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
05-13-2017, 03:29 PM
sad news, prayers for him and family.

NickP
05-13-2017, 05:29 PM
Stunned.

BamaNomad
05-13-2017, 06:13 PM
I'm shocked... and don't know what to say. He seemed to be in great health and always working... I suppose we can all take away from this that "Nothing is guaranteed" in this life... not even another day... :(

Rocky was always willing to help others with their questions, as he helped me on several occasions.

My prayers for Rocky and his Family ...

The following was posted on the other forum by 'Wolfman'...
"I just received some terrible news. One of my very best friends, Rocky Stephens (aka Rockytopper), that I've known for the last 25 years, just passed away a couple of hours ago. He collapsed at lunch from a blood clot in his lungs, while celebrating Mother's Day weekend with family members down in Waco. His wife Marilyn asked me to share the news and let his friends know. Please pray for Rocky and his family. R.I.P. my friend. I will miss you greatly."

WagonCrazy
05-13-2017, 06:44 PM
Wow. Just like that. Here one day...gone the next.
Cherish every day and cherish your loved ones.
Rest in Peace Rocky, till the return of the Lord.

chevynut
05-13-2017, 08:04 PM
Wow, I'm shocked beyond belief. This shows it can happen to anyone, anytime and we need to not lose sight of that. He was just here. Rocky and I had some spirited debates and he even recently called me a "moron", but I never felt any animosity toward him and thought he was a good guy. May he rest in peace. Damn! :cry:

Rick_L
05-14-2017, 05:54 AM
RIP Rocky, we'll miss you.

WagonWonder
05-14-2017, 06:27 AM
Life, it ends without notice. I knew you not but am saddened to know you have left this earthly place. May our Lord take you in His arms and may you rest in His Peace until the final reunion where we will meet.

Ephesians 4:31-32

(http://www.biblestudytools.com/passage/?q=ephesians+4:31-32)

31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

MadMooks
05-14-2017, 11:35 AM
He was one of the coolest guys I've known in the car hobby. We met thru the business so I say he's a customer but he was a friend after that. Really easy to talk to , down to earth guy. It was like talking to a best friend. The hobby lost a good one with Rocky. Prayers to the family

MP&C
05-14-2017, 06:27 PM
Rest in Peace Rocky, gone too soon. I always enjoyed reading his posts, he will be missed.

JT56
05-15-2017, 05:37 AM
We were supposed to meet up at this last Goodguys then the Reliable meet. He was always very respectful with me and commented on numerous post. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are for him and the family he leaves behind. Does anybody know about funeral arrangements?

BamaNomad
05-15-2017, 05:42 AM
I've been checking the obits in Covington, TX each day since, but nothing yet... just checked this morning also... Rocky was a good hardworking man (from all I knew about him), and a great 'hot rodder' who was always willing to share and help. We talked on the phone a few times, and did some Nomad parts trading, but I never met him face to face... unfortunately. He was only 56 yrs old...

I did find this, but no details for a funeral..
http://texasobits.tributes.com/obituary/show/Rocky-Clarence-Stephens-104780003

Bitchin'57
05-15-2017, 06:18 AM
Damn, he was just one year older than me. He left this world way too soon. Condolences go out to his family. RIP, Rocky.

markm
05-15-2017, 08:53 AM
Sorry to hear this he seemed like a real good guy. Just saw on the other site ha was actually younger than I am scary.

enigma57
05-16-2017, 01:31 AM
G-dspeed, Rocky! See ya on the other side, my friend.

Harry

BamaNomad
05-16-2017, 07:31 AM
Today Wolfman posted the better site for leaving 'Guest Messages' for Rocky's family. I suppose the first one I found was a 'generic' site.. This one is for the actual funeral home handling his funeral and have more details of Rocky's life and a photo...

http://www.marshallandmarshallfd.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1963779

Turbodonkey
05-16-2017, 07:43 AM
I just wanted to take some time to post here and thank all of you for your support during this time of grief. My name is Rocky Nichols and Rocky (Big Rock) Stephens was my uncle. He was always a source of inspiration for me when it came to hot rods and letting my creativity go wild. I was blessed to be able to work side by side with him on some great projects like my 1987 C10 and his 1965 Cutlass. But to all of you here in the forum thank you again for your kind words and happy hot rodding.

BamaNomad beat me to the punch but I will post the link again for the funeral information.
http://www.marshallandmarshallfd.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1963779

BamaNomad
05-16-2017, 12:00 PM
Rocky nephew... Thank you for coming here to post us. Please keep us informed re Rocky's funeral... I wish I was close enough to attend, but 700 miles is a bit far. I talked to your uncle on the phone a few times... and we also traded some parts.. and we shared some common background in the aerospace defense industry (I worked/retired from L3 -Waco)...

I hope you or someone else in the family can finish Rocky's nomad for him... (he'll see it from Heaven and give you a huge smile!).. :)

If you need help with it, visit us back here and hopefully we can help you see it thru...