PDA

View Full Version : dOME LIGHT WIRING

A57CHEVYMAN
06-02-2017, 02:03 PM
It has been 22 years since I disassembled my 57 Chevy 210, 2-door sedan, Plus I'm 68 years OLD and can't remember as well as I used to....

How, Exactly do the wires route to the Dome light?

I've been told they run from the dome light to the driver's side, then down thru the "post" to the floor, then, somehow, forward along the floor, then to the doorjamb switches and light switch ???

chevynut
06-03-2017, 08:31 AM
Can't help much with the physical routing of the wires but power comes from the light switch as you mentioned, goes straight to the dome light, then it's grounded at the door switches. The power wire goes down to the floor, under the sill cover plate, and up the b-pillar to the dome light. The driver's side ground wire takes the same path. I'm not sure, but I would think the passenger side ground wire would do the same on the opposite side of the car.

Recycled Rumor
06-03-2017, 07:33 PM
I think the pertinent question is why are you asking, what are you trying to do? Is the light isn't working with one door or another than just trace the line back from the door switch towards the light. If it isn't working at all then I would work my way back to the relay from the light. There might be an easier way, but that is what I would do.