PDA

View Full Version : 61 Impala Rear Speaker Housing/Grill - Modify to fit Stock 55 Rear Seat

zacpac55
08-30-2017, 05:19 PM
Hello All...

Looking for some help/advice on a long time project car of mine that is finally nearing completion...

To give you folks an idea, I purchased my 55 2DHT in 87' and drove it about 10miles before the hood blew off and then got frustrated and stored it in the barn for about 25 years...Now just getting back on the road after a complete frame-off restomod restoration...I'm now to the interior...https://www.trifive.com/forums/images/smilies/pray3.gif

I have decided to go with 64-65 Impala bucket seats and thought it might be a pretty cool look to have the 61 Impala SS speaker grill cover and removing the flags and inserting a Chevy or Bel Air badge (same as on the 55 quarter panel) in the center of it.

I understand the Impala rear seats are a much different size so, I'm asking if its possible or what it would be involved to cut the original 55 rear bench and install a new like chrome housing and speaker grill cover while making it as easy as possible for the interior guys..

Thoughts on heights, what to cut, etc??

Many Thanks!
-Doug

NickP
08-30-2017, 06:49 PM
I have a crate full of interior parts from Ciadella done as you mentioned (1964 impala SS) yet opened. Contact Ciadella and ask for Gina and let her know what you are looking to do.

Rick_L
08-30-2017, 07:08 PM
If you have access to an Impala rear seat, it might be easier to make it fit your car than to modify a stock seat to accept the Impala speaker grill. At worst maybe a tossup.

zacpac55
08-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Thank you for the reply NCW....I am looking for the 61 rear speaker grill and housing if you know of where I can find one! - Many thanks!! - Don't have access to the Impala Rear...