PDA

View Full Version : Mystery 1957 Chevy

scorpion1110
10-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Ok Folks:

Put on your Sherlock Holmes Deerstalker hat and help me with this mystery.

Here is the car:

My friend just bought it. A 57 originally from Georgia and not a speck of rust on this old girl. Well maybe a speck but not much more.

Originally a six cylinder. Harbor blue top over Larkspur Blue. VIN C57S1247XX (last two numbers screened because its not my car so I don't want to post whole VIN). Its a two door sedan. The six is now a vintage 350 with a Muncie. Black original interior.

Soooooooo

Why do guys look at this car at Cruise Night and Whisper? Why did a guy get besides himself and keep saying its an "S" car? What is special about this car?

Any ideas?

And btw it will be for sale shortly. I would buy it but the garage is full. I will make sure I post it in the forum when its available.

Many thanks

S

chevynut
10-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Its a two door couple.

It's not a "couple" or a "coupe", it's a 2-door sedan.

Why do guys look at this car at Cruise Night and Whisper? Why did a guy get besides himself and keep saying its an "S" car? What is special about this car? Any ideas?

Not clue. Are you paranoid? :D

scorpion1110
10-03-2017, 04:38 PM
lol I cannot spell any more.

I am curious. I can't find anything and would love to know what I don't know.

S

Bluegrass Trifive
10-03-2017, 05:00 PM
lol I cannot spell any more.

I am curious. I can't find anything and would love to know what I don't know.

S
S simply means it was built in St Louis

chevynut
10-03-2017, 06:00 PM
So is my Nomad a "K" car since it was built in Kansas City? :)

What's the big deal about a car built in St. Louis? I didn't even notice the S in the vin. :eek:

markm
10-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Never gave plant of origin much thought.

Rick_L
10-03-2017, 06:41 PM
You haven't provided any reason for anyone to "whisper" about the car.

It just seems to be what it is, looks like a good survivor. But we don't have much to go on as to how good.

BamaNomad
10-03-2017, 06:49 PM
The light color (on the roof) *might be Larkspur blue*.. and the darker color on the lower body *might* be close to Harbor blue... (you stated it backwards).. :)

PS. Maybe the 'mystery' to the MD guys is WHY it doesn't have any rust?? :)

scorpion1110
10-03-2017, 08:46 PM
My thoughts were the same as yours. His son was excited and so he was curious. I didn't see anything remarkable so thought I'd ask. Its a clean car in good colors.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

S

Bihili
10-04-2017, 11:16 AM
original paint &
S= survivor