PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Roseville, CA

Big-Blue
01-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Just joined the site tonight, I have been over at the "the other site for years" and well it just seems to be getting boring over there so I started looking around and found this place with all of the old members from "the other site".
I have to say I always loved the threads by MP&C & Chevynut. Look forward to reading more of them again and maybe even posting a lil more now.
BB

JT56
01-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Thanks for joining here. Sharp 57

Big-Blue
01-04-2018, 08:30 PM
Its not real, created it in HOK 3D paint booth. Maybe someday

567chevys
01-04-2018, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the better site Big-Blue ,

thanks for joining !

Sid

chevynut
01-04-2018, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the site! Hope we can keep you here! :)

I used to visit Roseville quite a bit when I worked for HP. Also went over to Brent DuPont's place and chatted with him while I was there. Do you know Brent?

Rocketman
01-04-2018, 09:00 PM
Welcome from another new member. There are some guys here who know a lot and are glad to help. I hope you like it here.

Big-Blue
01-05-2018, 06:29 AM
Welcome to the site! Hope we can keep you here! :)

I used to visit Roseville quite a bit when I worked for HP. Also went over to Brent DuPont's place and chatted with him while I was there. Do you know Brent?

No don't know Brent, does he have a shop here?
No problem with staying here already feels like home.

WagonCrazy
01-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Welcome!. Start a new post in the Member Project Updates section and add some pics of where your car is at presently. And what your build goals are.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
01-05-2018, 06:55 AM
hi BB and welcome. good to have you here.

enigma57
01-07-2018, 12:59 AM
Welcome home, BB! Look forward to reading your posts.

Happy Motoring,

Harry

55 Tony
01-07-2018, 02:56 AM
Hi and welcome, I'm a newbie that joined years ago and just started posting recently. If not real, that's quite a beautiful dream car.

chevynut
01-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Big-blue, Brent Dupont was the guy who built a 57 Hardtop called "Ricochet" several years ago. He sold it and has been building a 55 called "Nickelback" for about as long as I've been building my Nomad. He told me he wasn't going as far with the 55 as he did the 57.....but he's really gotten carried away. He wass on lateral-g.net.

Here's an article on Ricochet: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/0304phr-brent-dupont-1957-chevy-bel-air/

Here's a build thread for Nickelback: http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=32266

I can't find anything recent on Nickelback so I don't know if Brent is still working on it.

Ricochet
02-26-2018, 08:32 AM
Big-blue, Brent Dupont was the guy who built a 57 Hardtop called "Ricochet" several years ago. He sold it and has been building a 55 called "Nickelback" for about as long as I've been building my Nomad. He told me he wasn't going as far with the 55 as he did the 57.....but he's really gotten carried away. He wass on lateral-g.net.

Here's an article on Ricochet: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/0304phr-brent-dupont-1957-chevy-bel-air/

Here's a build thread for Nickelback: http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=32266

I can't find anything recent on Nickelback so I don't know if Brent is still working on it.

Laszlo-

I just happened to stumble on this thread. I'm alive and well!! Life has been crazy the past few years. Ups and downs but back in full swing. Nickelback has officially been dropped off at the body shop. All of the fabrication and fitment has been done. Been along time coming and should have been done years ago - but life is a function of priorities as we know. Completion date - who knows.... But we are in forward progress! I had a ton of pics that unfortunately got deleted on my phone and were not backed up. Uggg.... Been following your build on facebook.... Looks amazing!! But wouldn't expect anything less!

chevynut
02-26-2018, 11:10 AM
Hi Brent! Good to hear from you and thanks for joining the site.

should have been done years ago

LOL! Same here. I remember you telling me you weren't going as far with Nickelback as you did with Ricochet, but last I looked you changed your mind! :) It sure looks great...post some pics here when you get a chance.

I've been plugging away at mine for years, but making steady progress. Never imagined it would take me this long to build it, but I've done a lot more than I planned to do, and had a few "do-overs" along the way. Plus I'm still building frames and working on a 55 for another guy. My chassis is virtually done, and the body is getting closer to paint. If I wasn't so picky it probably would have been painted by now. ;)

Florida 57
02-26-2018, 12:14 PM
Welcome Big Blue.If I`m not mistaken you lent some good powder coating info. on that other site. Yes?