PDA

View Full Version : power brake check valve

55 Tony
02-14-2018, 11:18 AM
I heard some vehicles used a check valve inline in the hose going to the booster for the power brakes, but I'm not doing well trying to find one. Anyone know what make and year had them? I've heard from a few people that F*rd used them, but what F*rd I don't know. I found a real small one Dorman makes but besides it's small size, it's brand new and doesn't work, I can blow air through it both ways.
Thanks in advance!

55 Tony
02-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Replying to myself here, I just found one at Summit Racing. I need one for my Subaru, it has a faulty check valve and it's somehow crammed inside the hose that goes to the booster. So now I can put a new hose on it and splice this in the middle with the check valve. (my hose is shot too or I'd cut out the old one and put in the new one.)

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/clp-12vvcp-cv/questionsanswers/#qa-display-detail

Rick_L
02-14-2018, 01:51 PM
Most all GM cars as well as many others have a check valve in the plastic fitting that pushes into a grommet on the booster. For those, it should be an auto supply item.

55 Tony
02-14-2018, 06:41 PM
Most all GM cars as well as many others have a check valve in the plastic fitting that pushes into a grommet on the booster. For those, it should be an auto supply item.
Yes, those are at every auto parts store but my booster doesn't take a big rubber grommet and check valve. It takes a ~ 3/8 hose from the manifold to the booster. The GM ones do me no good.

Rick_L
02-14-2018, 06:48 PM
Go to the Subaru web site next time. Don't let the lesbian Subaru owners get you down. :(

55 Tony
02-14-2018, 07:16 PM
Go to the Subaru web site next time. Don't let the lesbian Subaru owners get you down. :(
LOL I didn't know lesbians drive Subaru's?! Someone should have told me before I bought it.

Rick_L
02-14-2018, 07:21 PM
That's pretty well known. Be careful in your interactions with Subaru owners. Some are militant.

55 Tony
02-14-2018, 07:29 PM
Well thanks for the heads up, I'll watch my step and I'll stay away from Subaru conventions. I can stand to miss the speaker there, her name is Ellen something.

BamaNomad
02-14-2018, 09:17 PM
C3 Corvettes used a check valve in the vacuum circuits that raised the headlights and WSW door. It is an inline check valve, available at Corvette Central and other fine Corvette dealers.. :) ...

https://www.corvettecentral.com/c3-68-82/lights-lamps/headlight-actuators/68-82-headlight-vacuum-hose-check-valve-443037?returnurl=%2fsearch%3fcurrentsearchcategory id%3d%26q%3dcheck%2bvalve

markm
02-15-2018, 06:29 AM
I will have to remember this because I read it on the internet so it must be true.

55 Tony
02-16-2018, 04:04 AM
C3 Corvettes used a check valve in the vacuum circuits that raised the headlights and WSW door. It is an inline check valve, available at Corvette Central and other fine Corvette dealers.. :) ...

https://www.corvettecentral.com/c3-68-82/lights-lamps/headlight-actuators/68-82-headlight-vacuum-hose-check-valve-443037?returnurl=%2fsearch%3fcurrentsearchcategory id%3d%26q%3dcheck%2bvalve

I found the original type one. It's a molded hose with a valve inserted inside it like a suppository. Curious though, do you know what size hose fits the vet one? This is my first Subaru, funny 4 cylinder engine with the pistons going straight out left and right, 2 on each side.

55 Tony
02-16-2018, 04:04 AM
I will have to remember this because I read it on the internet so it must be true.

Yep, my thoughts exactly