PDA

View Full Version : 1956 sedan door factory hole in top of frame??????????

jollyold
03-25-2018, 06:23 PM
First,thanks for all the help.My project has been quite the challenge.I was putting on the door weatherstrip and noticed on both doors on the front upper frame front there is a factory hole in both doors.Before I asked this I looked at doors on ebay and they have the same factory hole about 3/16 in diameter.I can tell it is factory because the inside shell has a cut out around it.It is about 3 inches down from the top of the frame.Anyone know what that hole is for?????Thanks,again!

Florida 57
03-26-2018, 07:27 AM
First,thanks for all the help.My project has been quite the challenge.I was putting on the door weatherstrip and noticed on both doors on the front upper frame front there is a factory hole in both doors.Before I asked this I looked at doors on ebay and they have the same factory hole about 3/16 in diameter.I can tell it is factory because the inside shell has a cut out around it.It is about 3 inches down from the top of the frame.Anyone know what that hole is for?????Thanks,again!
Round rubber door bumper.

jollyold
03-26-2018, 09:43 AM
I have the round rubber on the jamb {2} for the door to close to but this is on the door frame facing forward.Is that suppose to have a bumper to?Thanks

Florida 57
03-26-2018, 11:05 AM
I have the round rubber on the jamb {2} for the door to close to but this is on the door frame facing forward.Is that suppose to have a bumper to?Thanks
Yes bumper there and two(2) bumpers per side at the car`s inside roof line at each corner.

jollyold
03-27-2018, 03:03 PM
Thank you!