PDA

View Full Version : small block ramjet intake

56-210Sedan
04-08-2012, 08:52 AM
what is the port configuration on the SBC RamJet intake? is this intake only workable with the Vortec cylinder head or is there aftermarket choices?

Rick_L
05-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Old thread, no answers, maybe I can help.

The manifold is designed for Vortec heads. So it has the 8 vertical bolts fastening it to the heads rather than the traditional 12 angled bolts.

Other than the 96-99 truck heads and the over the counter GM heads that are the same, there are some Edelbrock aluminum heads with the same configuration. There are also some GM and aftermarket cast iron heads that use the Vortec configuration, with slightly bigger ports.

I did a budget build 350 with some Vortec heads for my Nova. I thought about putting EFI on that engine using a Ram Jet manifold or a Holley Stealth Ram, with either a TPI ecm or an aftermarket ecm. The TPI ecm seemed like a lot of work and small things to chase, and the aftermarket ecm seemed expensive for what I was getting. So I've so far done neither. I also have an LT1 engine that could go in it, but that car would require a custom accessory drive and a custom oil pan. So that's a lot of $$ too. The Nova needs refreshing, it has a 1996 lacquer paint job that's failing, and most of the interior is 1967 original and needs an update too. So..., one plan would be to wait until the 55 is finished and do it better than those choices with an LSx engine or whatever.

56-210Sedan
05-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Rick thank you for your reply, your information is very valuable, i am just toying with going with it on a small block. Thanks Again :cool: