PDA

View Full Version : What to do with old nomad parts...

WagonCrazy
04-13-2012, 06:50 AM
Is there a market for parts that I won't be using? What is the going price range for:
Front bench seat (stock one with the split seatback)
Rear fold over seat
Upholstered door panels
Spare tire well (new sheet metal installed by previous owner, then removed my me)
Lift gate torsion rods (uncut)
Stock gas tank(newly painted)
Stock powder coated frame with cpp500 and ford 9" rear end "roller"

Gonna start selling some of this stuff to fund the war chest so I can keep the build going. :)

chevynut
04-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Wish i could tell you Paul. I removed my front seat years ago and don't even know what happened to it. I still have the rear seat, but don't plan to use it. I also have torsion rods, liftgate levers, and some other stuff I won't use.

MadMook might be able to give you some insight.

MadMooks
04-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Is there a market for parts that I won't be using? What is the going price range for:
Front bench seat (stock one with the split seatback)
Rear fold over seat
Upholstered door panels
Spare tire well (new sheet metal installed by previous owner, then removed my me)
Lift gate torsion rods (uncut)
Stock gas tank(newly painted)
Stock powder coated frame with cpp500 and ford 9" rear end "roller"

Gonna start selling some of this stuff to fund the war chest so I can keep the build going. :)

i know you can get a good chunk of change for a 57 bench seat. liftgate torsion rods? not sure who would pay for those things, but its been known to happen. rear seat, if it has trim, 200-400 bucks depending on buyer. all the other stuff not too sure. i would check ebay completed listings for a fair market value

Busted Knuckles
01-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Sold the bench seat from my 56 for $500 and it was a gift. I've seen frames sell for $500 at Carlisle, if you weren't on the left coast I would be interested in the frame, I owuld have to guess at least $2000 to $2500 if you wanted to sell it quick. If you pm me I'll give you my Chevy parts guy John Thompson's phone number he's in Michigan but ships all over the country

WagonCrazy
01-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Appreciate the feedback Busted Knuckles. I sold the roller frame about a month ago for $4200 cash. I started at $5500 and started to get nibbles as I went below $5000, then a guy came in with cash, a trailer, and said all the right stuff about needing one "just like this one" to swap out under his 57 4 door wagon project. I think he got a steal...as it was powdercoated, all new rubbers, and freshly rebuilt Ford 9 inch rear end.

I still have some of the other stuff though. I have to get it out of the storage area where it is, take some pics and post it up on the sites.