PDA

View Full Version : Tri five glass

bigblock
01-08-2019, 11:07 AM
I was wandering if anyone has bought the smoked glass from Auto City and if they were a good vender to deal with? I'm looking at the 2dr sedan package. Thanks.

chevynut
01-08-2019, 11:41 AM
I have a full set of smoked glass plus a clear windshield from Auto City Classic Glass. I've installed the vent windows and door glass in the frames but haven't installed it in the car. I also bought vent window motors from them and 2-3 years after I bought them I found out that I had two left side motors. I contacted them and they immediately replaced one of them without any hassle. So far I've had no problems with them and I've heard other good things about them from other customers.

scorpion1110
01-08-2019, 01:57 PM
I was wandering if anyone has bought the smoked glass from Auto City and if they were a good vender to deal with? I'm looking at the 2dr sedan package. Thanks.

Got glass from Autocity- but not smoked- clear to replace a side window. It was excellent quality. Glass and bottom track.

They are a good vendor.

Scorp

Bluegrass Trifive
01-08-2019, 02:20 PM
I bought a complete Auto City Classic smoked glass set with frames including the windshield. I haven't installed them yet but they look really good. I purchased them through Restoration World in Dayton and picked them up there for the same money as their website price was before shipping. My 57 is currently being painted so I hope to install them around April.

TrifiveRichard
01-09-2019, 05:49 AM
The glass I installed in the 56 HT is Auto City smoked, good quality and I’d use it again.

royk
01-09-2019, 06:14 AM
that's what I installed in my '55 ht I used my old frames I'd also use them again.

bigblock
01-09-2019, 07:05 AM
Thanks to all of you. They were to be at the Good Guy's last summer in Columbus, but after walking around for 2hrs in 95+ sun my wife said lets go get a COLD BEER a I agreed with her. So thanks again I always say this is the best site with the BEST!!! members.

busterwivell
01-10-2019, 04:46 AM
I'm planning on ordering the complete glass set myself. Should the new glass be installed first or the headliner installed first? Still saving up my lunch money for both........

BamaNomad
01-10-2019, 05:54 AM
... Should the new glass be installed first or the headliner installed first? ........

I think it depends on your body style. IIRC sedan rear glasses (and perhaps front W/S?) might need to be installed after the headliner. For a Nomad or HT, I don't think it matters...? Someone will correct me if my memory isn't working... :)

Bihili
01-12-2019, 08:02 PM
Currently Auto City Glass is the only manufacture in the USA.

BamaNomad
01-12-2019, 09:18 PM
Currently Auto City Glass is the only manufacture in the USA.

Are you sure about that Bill? That Auto City *produces* the glass? and that they are the *only* one? Are you speaking of perhaps a specific glass? or all the trifive glass?