PDA

View Full Version : My 55 Chevy

Slotrifive
01-26-2019, 06:38 PM
Had her delivered on Oct. 18’th as a surprise from my wife!! I cried like a baby! :)

Rustaddict
01-26-2019, 08:24 PM
That's a sweet looking ride.

BamaNomad
01-26-2019, 08:58 PM
I like it.. :)

LEE T
01-27-2019, 01:58 AM
Nice!

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
01-27-2019, 06:01 AM
nice 55, sweet wife. both keepers.

Slotrifive
01-27-2019, 05:26 PM
Thanks guys! I love the car although I haven’t had a chance to enjoy it much since it’s winter! I did make a short video though- https://youtu.be/JrPshQQ3Nls

Rick_L
01-27-2019, 05:30 PM
I like the paint scheme.

567chevys
01-28-2019, 06:05 PM
That's a bad ass Looking 55 Chevy .

The only thing I see not correct is the Vin Tag they are Spot welder on( Never came with Pop Rivets holding them on )

Thanks Sid

Rick_L
01-28-2019, 07:26 PM
That's not an original GM tag either, probably a state issued one, so all is probably OK there.

BamaNomad
01-29-2019, 10:10 AM
That's not an original GM tag either, probably a state issued one, so all is probably OK there.

Most state issued tags that I've seen are larger?? We could tell more certainly what it is with a better photo of it...
but 'slotrifive' may not want to delve into that at this point. :)

markm
01-29-2019, 10:46 AM
If purchased out of state and subject to verification in new state it may get complicated.

Slotrifive
01-29-2019, 12:13 PM
Not sure what the tag is suppose to be, it’s partially painted over also. I’ve seen pics tags online with pop rivets. Had zero problems with registering etc...

Slotrifive
01-29-2019, 12:15 PM
If purchased out of state and subject to verification in new state it may get complicated.
Yes I had to have verification done prior to registering and had no issues.

BamaNomad
01-29-2019, 01:58 PM
Not sure what the tag is suppose to be, it’s partially painted over also. I’ve seen pics tags online with pop rivets. Had zero problems with registering etc...

Did they inspect the car? or only the paperwork?

BamaNomad
01-29-2019, 02:00 PM

Pop rivets holding a VIN tag always brings up questions since that means the tag has been OFF the car (for some reason). To verify that the attached tag is for that car means you have to inspect the partial VIN stamped on the frame!

markm
01-29-2019, 02:00 PM
The factory did not rivet VIN plates on these cars they were spot welded. An alert state inspector know this and will not accept riveted plates. State assigned plates have special rivets and may be attached in other locations. Bama is correct about the partial vin on drivers side frame rail because when questions arrive that is where they go.

Rick_L
01-29-2019, 02:31 PM
Looking at the photo that shows the VIN plate, I'm now not convinced that it isn't the original, but with rivets. Just partially painted, crummy masking job. The shot is by no means a closeup, and I didn't try to zoom in.

As far as inspection, I'd say it's a pretty good bet that many "inspectors" don't know what they are looking at.

Bluegrass Trifive
01-29-2019, 05:03 PM
Looking at the photo that shows the VIN plate, I'm now not convinced that it isn't the original, but with rivets. Just partially painted, crummy masking job. The shot is by no means a closeup, and I didn't try to zoom in.

As far as inspection, I'd say it's a pretty good bet that many "inspectors" don't know what they are looking at. I’m pretty sure it’s a stock VIN plate that they didn’t mask for painting very well. I suppose it’s remotely possible it was a exported car that got brought back here as they did have riveted VIN plates. I’ve had two out of state vehicles inspected in the last five years and I read the VIN number to the deputy both times. I can assure you they wouldn’t have had a clue if it should be riveted or not. I also know of a VERY nice Nomad that’s passed through Barrett Jackson twice bringing north of $200K with a riveted VIN. I think as long as it doesn’t show up in the database as stolen there won’t be too many questions asked. At least not in my neck of the woods.

55 Rescue Dog
01-29-2019, 05:09 PM
On a 64 year old car, forget about it. There are very few parts of many cars that old that are not original.

Slotrifive
01-29-2019, 05:32 PM
The plate was actually painted over and someone scraped it off to see Vin better. The car was listed at a reputable dealership for sale and I have the title from previous owner. She’s registered now so if I get a chance I will try to get numbers off the frame but that won’t be easy. Either way I’m happy with the car, she’s nowhere near original. She’s missing Bel Air trim also but I wasn’t looking for an all original car. Anyways thanks for bringing it to my attention!

chevynut
01-29-2019, 05:47 PM
Not many of these cars have the original frame anymore, so checking the VIN on the frame is not that accurate. It's easy to buy a junk car with a title and a good frame and move the VIN tag and frame over to a different body. It's probably not legal, but easy to do. I really don't know how picky they are nowadays about how the VIN tag is attached on a 60 year old car. A lot of these cars have dropped their VIN tags due to corrosion over the years. If it was me I'd epoxy it back on.

WagonCrazy
01-29-2019, 08:17 PM
Slotrifive, you have a bad ass 55 there!

markm
01-30-2019, 06:27 AM
The plate was actually painted over and someone scraped it off to see Vin better. The car was listed at a reputable dealership for sale and I have the title from previous owner. She’s registered now so if I get a chance I will try to get numbers off the frame but that won’t be easy. Either way I’m happy with the car, she’s nowhere near original. She’s missing Bel Air trim also but I wasn’t looking for an all original car. Anyways thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Not the point, originality in a VIN plate is important when you get a knowledgeable state inspector. There is a legal process you must go through when you replace a frame its called assembled vehicle title. Now I know most guys ignore it and do it anyway. But think about the consequences if the car you got the frame from had been reported stolen. The state police here used to have a SS 454 shop truck that had been wrecked, rebuilt with some hot parts, then confiscated. My buddy that work there told me when they were done with it would be crushed.

Slotrifive
01-30-2019, 06:41 AM
Not the point, originality in a VIN plate is important when you get a knowledgeable state inspector. There is a legal process you must go through when you replace a frame its called assembled vehicle title. Now I know most guys ignore it and do it anyway. But think about the consequences if the car you got the frame from had been reported stolen. The state police here used to have a SS 454 shop truck that had been wrecked, rebuilt with some hot parts, then confiscated. My buddy that work there told me when they were done with it would be crushed.

i never mentioned anything about the frame being replaced or the Vin tag. I’m new to the site and simply wanted to share some pics. This thread went off topic by questioning the Vin tag, I didn’t ask for it. The car has been inspected and it’s registered.

Rick_L
01-30-2019, 06:52 AM
She’s missing Bel Air trim also but I wasn’t looking for an all original car.

I don't see anything on the exterior of the car indicating that the car is a Bel Air. It's 210 all the way - including the trim around the side windows, the long spears on the quarter panel, no spears on the front fenders, and the Chevrolet script on the front fenders. Does the VIN begin with "VB" or "B"? That's correct for a 210. "VC" or "C" would be correct for a Bel Air. The cowl tag would also have a body style number that's different between 210 and Belair. 210 would be 1011 or 1011D, Bel Air would be 1011A.

Troy
01-30-2019, 07:05 AM
i never mentioned anything about the frame being replaced or the Vin tag. I’m new to the site and simply wanted to share some pics. This thread went off topic by questioning the Vin tag, I didn’t ask for it. The car has been inspected and it’s registered.

Get used to it, something as simple as you introducing yourself and showing your car pics can be turned into people arguing!! Just ignore it!!! By the way I love your car, I love the paint scheme dark over light looks cool!!!

chevynut
01-30-2019, 07:14 AM
Not the point, originality in a VIN plate is important when you get a knowledgeable state inspector. There is a legal process you must go through when you replace a frame its called assembled vehicle title.

I'm betting all these guys with Morrison frames and Roadster shop frames and home-built replacement frames don't go through that "legal process". No such process exists where I live.

Slotrifive, this happens here regularly. Seems like some people just look for stuff to criticize and argue about. Nice 55, and I hope you have fun with it.

scorpion1110
01-30-2019, 04:36 PM

You are absolutely right. You have a nice car and we are very glad you are here.

You will find a lot of knowledge, help, craftsmanship and strong personalities :).

Welcome to the fray and I hope you stick around. Oh and make sure you ask Chevynut about whether he likes a Holley or Edelbrock carb better. ;)

So jump in Slot, the water is nice and the sharks just nibble.

Scorp

BamaNomad
01-30-2019, 06:18 PM
Most of the comments here, and the ones here on this thread, are in the vein of 'education' rather than criticism.. Many new trifive owners (especially first time trifive owners at this point 60 yrs after the cars are produced) are not expert in the details/idiosyncracies of the trifive Chevy or of the hobby. I know that when I make observations, it's in the interest of educating the owner (and sometimes ourselves, via the discussion)... If we make suggestions, it's in the interest of helping the owner ... not criticism! In this case, I'm taking it that he has stated that he is NOT INTERESTED in these details... so that's fine too! :)

Rick_L
01-30-2019, 06:28 PM
Not many of these cars have the original frame anymore, so checking the VIN on the frame is not that accurate. It's easy to buy a junk car with a title and a good frame and move the VIN tag and frame over to a different body. It's probably not legal, but easy to do.

I don't think it's true that "not many" have the original frame. Most do. Buying a junk car with a title and good frame and moving the VIN tag is not what most do either. If replacing the frame, you just do it. And that doesn't seem to be illegal, nor is an aftermarket frame. What's illegal is moving the VIN tag from one body to another. What's questionable is a total re-body deal like Real Deal Steel or Woody's do, keeping only the cowl where everything else is replaced. Thing is, the laws regarding this are aimed at totally different activities, like "chop shops" do with stolen stuff.

BamaNomad
01-30-2019, 07:29 PM
I have more than a dozen 'collector cars, including 6 TriFives. I purchased all of them on their original frames and with original VIN plates. The 1957 I'm currently working on now sits on an aftermarket chassis/frame. In doing that, when I removed the factory frame, I photographed the original frame, with closeups of the VIN on the frame. I have the receipt where I purchased the aftermarket chassis. I believe with this information, my 'legal ownership' of the car could/would NEVER be questioned.

PS. I SOLD the original frame/chassis from the '57 Nomad, but when I did I 'XXXX'ed out the factory VIN on that frame to prohibit anyone in the future from attempting to register another car with the VIN from my car.

Slotrifive
01-31-2019, 06:00 AM
The cowl tag would also have a body style number that's different between 210 and Belair. 210 would be 1011 or 1011D, Bel Air would be 1011A.

Ok guys so help me out here. Based on what Rick_L posted style 1011 and 1011D would be a 210 and 1011A is a Bel Air but looking it this page it’s showing the opposite for 1011D and 1011A. So what is the correct answer??
http://www.trifive.com/specs/19.%20Original%20Specs.pdf

markm
01-31-2019, 06:15 AM
Bamai is correct about the intent to educate I think if you all would check your state laws most of you would find ones similar to what I describe. I learned what I know from a friend who has turned wrenches on state police cars and my personal experience. Yes some states don't care that is why others are more picky about out of state stuff.

BamaNomad
01-31-2019, 06:15 AM
I *think* the 1011 just implies the body is a 2-dr Sedan, and the A, B, C suffix carries the trim/paint information. What information does your cowl tag information carry on it? What is the first two digits of your VIN? ALL of the information is there...

Your car doesn't have BelAir trim, but after 60+ years, *most* 2-dr sedans have experienced many changes, many/most of those changes have more to do with the owner's desires (or what parts he has?) rather than the way Chevrolet built the car! Most people today would not remove BelAir trim, but in the 60's that was done at times. More frequently today, people add various pieces of BelAir trim to their 150 or 210 model..

Slotrifive
01-31-2019, 06:46 AM
I’m not sure what mine is i have to look however like i said based on that link 1011D would be a Bel Air while 1011A is a 210. I’m just trying to figure out how to understand these tags not necessarily for my own car but just in general.

BamaNomad
01-31-2019, 07:45 AM
One confusing GM fact about 'body styles' is that there are MULTIPLE code designations, depending on what you are looking for, and where you look.
*almost every aftermarket supplier, and even some enthusiasts have their own 'code sheets' which try to clarify this stuff; the link here is from Paddock which isn't bad... but none are totally complete.

//paddockparts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/1955-57_Chevy_CowlTag.pdf

I generally refer to a book written by Pat Chappel titled 'The HOT one'...

As I STATED already in a prior post, '1011' designated 2-dr Sedan (2100 or 2400 series). (We don't have a lot of written/factual information re FISHER's designations!) Some GM documentation refers to the trim levels as '1500 series', 2100 series, or 2400 series also!

Fisher/GM trimmed out each body style in more than ONE trim level (except the Nomad and convertible which were ONLY trimmed out in the BelAir trim level - there might be other exceptions to this rule, but Nomads and Convertibles I know only came in BA trim). Most of the body styles were available in: 150 - lowest trim level, 210 - medium trim level, and BelAir - highest trim level.

In addition to this, these models could be painted in single tone, or two tone schemes, AND there were OPTIONAL paint treatments within the two tone paint schemes! (This is where the A, B, C... suffix codes are used). The EASIEST way to understand all this is to figure out how your own car came (using the available GM codes stamped on the VIN plate and Cowl tag), and other information available from the original car! Once you understand how your own car was built, and the codes involved, one can look at other cars to figure the rest of it out. (I've been doing this for 50 yrs and it's still confusing at times! .. esp with the A, B, C suffix codes along with the fact that different Fisher plants didn't all follow the same codes!)

Example for the TWO different body style/model codes I've referred to above using the NOMAD which I'm most familiar with: If you refer to the documents available, either GM or one like you referenced.. The Nomad is referred to as: 2429 - 2 dr BelAir Nomad wagon. But on the Fisher cowl tag, a Nomad is referred to as STYLE 1064DF. A Nomad can be either single tone, or two tone painted, and in addition to that in some cases the paint colors on two tone cars can be 'flipped', so that the upper / lower colors are swapped!

One can either spend a LOT of time figuring out all these codes/names/etc (which is what a lot of us 'original types' like to do!), OR... you can just drive/enjoy your car without worrying about it! :)

If you want to know about your car, provide us the first two digits from your VIN number, and the unique information from the cowl tag and we can help you.

Rick_L
01-31-2019, 08:12 AM
Slotrifive, you're right on the body codes, I screwed up. 1011 is 210 2 door sedan, 1011A is Del Ray/210 2 door sedan, and 1011D is Bel Air 2 door sedan. In my little head, I wanted to put the "D" with the Del Ray.

BamaNomad
01-31-2019, 08:32 AM
The only references I've seen for the 'A, D, F, etc' suffixes are on the Paint and Trim charts, but without explanation or definition as to what each means. I think any observations that can be made must be made by looking at all the codes and 'trying to figure it out'?? OR am I wrong and there IS a GM document which clarifies what each of these suffix codes mean??

markm
01-31-2019, 10:15 AM
VIN tag on A pillar says it all for V8 cars VAXXXXXX is a150, VB xxxxx is a 210 and VCxxxxx is a Belair, for 6 banger models just remove the V.

Rick_L
01-31-2019, 11:22 AM
OR am I wrong and there IS a GM document which clarifies what each of these suffix codes mean??

I have a book, "Chevrolet 55-56 Restoration Guide" which is reprints of all sorts of GM literature. 480 pages of it. That's where I confirmed the 1011/1011A/1011D codes which are as slotrifive said, not what I originally said. There are no 1011B or 1011C codes. All these 1011n codes are for 2 door sedans, other body styles have different numbers. And I've seen these in other sources.

I think the suffix codes you refer to are after the trim and paint code numbers, not the body style numbers. Also I think that not all body plants used suffixes on trim and paint.

And there are the A, B, C codes in the VIN as markm posted. VIN codes don't show body style, you have to get that from the cowl tag.

BamaNomad
01-31-2019, 04:25 PM
I have a copy of that book as well, Rick, It has some good/great information but very hard to FIND in the book as the organization is just a 'collection' of GM paperwork. That book was 'compiled' by two old members of the NNC who had access (via the NNC) to a lot of GM documentation.

I was referring to the same codes I think as you were, and my source was Pat Chappel's 'The Hot One' (which also had access to the same documentation as the two NNC fellas who wrote the book you referenced. Pat Chappel was (maybe is still?) a member of the NNC as well when she wrote the book!

Here are some pages which I scanned from the book for the 1955 Trim and Paint Combos in the back of her book; I suspect the same pages are also in the '55-56 Restoration Guide'.

I've mostly studied this information from my 'Nomad interest', and for Nomads it's very simple, but for the more common models (under models and model usage in the charts), it can be very confusing and I admit I've never totally understood what all the suffix codes mean. If anyone can explain those .. I'd love to hear it! :)

Slotrifive
01-31-2019, 05:16 PM
Ok so my VIN starts with a VC and on the cowl tag style it’s 55 1011D. So she may not have Bel Air trim but looks like it is a Bel Air. Doesn’t really make a difference to me but at least I know.

chevynut
01-31-2019, 05:59 PM
Ok so my VIN starts with a VC and on the cowl tag style it’s 55 1011D. So she may not have Bel Air trim but looks like it is a Bel Air. Doesn’t really make a difference to me but at least I know.

I hate to say it but it's entirely possible that your VIN tag doesn't belong to that body. Not saying it's a fact, but all 55-57 BelAir sedans have these holes in the body above the quarter windows and at the tops of the doors. This is my 56 BelAir 2-door sedan.

If there's no evidence that these holes were ever there, such as being welded up, it's likely that the body is a 210 body and the VIN tag and title were from another car. You should be able to see the backside of the holes at the top of the doors behind the weatherstrip if they were ever there. Of course, doors can easily be changed so the quarter window holes would be the most telling.

I bought a 55 Chevy when I was in high school. It was a 2-door sedan and it was just a body and frame with some interior parts and some glass. No engine, transmission or rear axles. I paid $35 for the solid body but it was missing lots of stuff. I spent a few years building it and drove it to Kansas City in 1973. It was stolen there and I never saw it again.

It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I was looking at the title and noticed it said C55 on it. I looked at the picture I have of the car before paint, and it had no holes like the ones above. The front fenders had no holes in them either. So I'm convinced the car was a 210 and the title never matched the car.....I don't know if I ever looked at the VIN tag. This might explain why the car was never recovered after all these years, because the VIN tag probably didn't match the VIN I reported stolen from the info on the title.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if I'd be concerned, I'm just explaining what might be going on. I personally don't know why anyone would change a BelAir to a 210 on purpose. ;)

Slotrifive
01-31-2019, 06:07 PM
I can certainly see what you’re saying Chevynut, I don’t know what the condition of the car was before it was done. Anything is possible but as I said even the cowl tag showed it as a Bel Air. The car was registered when I purchased it I actually drove it with last owners plate. I have no way to tell if the holes were filled considering it has nice paint on it. The car was completely redone so who knows. I know the fenders are not original.

chevynut
01-31-2019, 06:27 PM
I can certainly see what you’re saying Chevynut, I don’t know what the condition of the car was before it was done. Anything is possible but as I said even the cowl tag showed it as a Bel Air. The car was registered when I purchased it I actually drove it with last owners plate. I have no way to tell if the holes were filled considering it has nice paint on it. The car was completely redone so who knows. I know the fenders are not original.

Just for grins look at the tops of the doors, behind the weatherstrip, and see if you can see any evidence of welded holes. You might be able to see the bottom holes at the c-pillars from inside the trunk if it's not upholstered. If it was welded up, you should be able to tell. If there's no evidence of welding there, it's probably a 210 body. Trim tags can be changed pretty easily. Does yours look like it has the stock rivets?

Slotrifive
01-31-2019, 06:31 PM
Just for grins look at the tops of the doors, behind the weatherstrip, and see if you can see any evidence of welded holes. You might be able to see the bottom holes at the c-pillars from inside the trunk if it's not upholstered. If it was welded up, you should be able to tell. If there's no evidence of welding there, it's probably a 210 body. Trim tags can be changed pretty easily. Does yours look like it has the stock rivets?

I’ll take a look over the weekend. Not sure what the stock rivets look like, first classic car I’ve ever owned.

Rick_L
01-31-2019, 07:26 PM
Post a photo and we'll be able to tell. The rivets have an indentation on the head, the head is shaped like a pop rivet, but there's no pin or mandrel that's been "popped" off.

BamaNomad
01-31-2019, 08:44 PM
Going back to the 'Model Usage' or 'Model' columns on the Paint and Trim Charts, the following 'model codes' are used (I think I've listed every code here, so every MODEL of the 1955 Chevrolet should be listed). The SDL, Spt Cpe, Conv, and Nomad are 'self explanatory', but for all levels of the 2 dr sedan (150, 210, BA), 4 dr sedan (150, 210, and BA), 2 dr wagon (150 and 210) and 4 dr wagon (150, 210, BA) one of these numerical codes should apply for each one of them. Can some of you identify which is which (maybe for your own car?). I'd like to totally complete this listing if we can... I've identified the ones Rick already discussed in this thread.
--------------------------
1211B -
1219 -
1263F -
1271 -
1011A - 2-dr Sedan 210 (DelRay)
1011 - 2-dr Sedan 210
1019 -
1037 -
1011D - 2 dr Sedan BA
1019D -
1037D -
1062F -
1063F -
1062DF -
1067D -
SDL -
Nomad -
Spt Cpe -
Conv -
----------------------------------------------------

bigblock
02-01-2019, 06:54 AM
Slotrifive, enjoy your ride in the excitement your wife bought for you. That's a real nice 55.

Rick_L
02-01-2019, 08:25 AM
Here's the list with the blanks fill in.

1000 - All Bel Air/210
1200 - All 150
1211 - 150 2 door sedan
1211B - 150 2 door utility sedan
1219 - 150 4 door sedan
1263F - 150 2 door wagon (Handyman)
1271 - 150 sedan delivery
1011A - 2-dr Sedan 210 (DelRay)
1011 - 2-dr Sedan 210
1019 - 210 4 door sedan
1037 - 210 sport coupe (2 door hardtop)
1011D - 2 dr Sedan BA
1019D - Bel Air 4 door sedan
1037D - Bel Air sport coupe (2 door hardtop)
1062F - 210 4 door wagon
1063F - 210 2 door wagon (Handyman)
1062DF - Bel Air 4 door wagon (Beauville)
1067D - Bel Air convertible
SDL - is this sedan delivery? 1271
Nomad - 1064DF
Spt Cpe - 1037, 1037D
Conv - 1067D

BamaNomad
02-01-2019, 08:27 AM
Rick, Thanks!

Is there a source which includes all that information? I just made a post at the 'other site' soliciting information.. which I will delete if you are confident with all this info??

chevynut
02-01-2019, 08:47 AM
Can some of you identify which is which (maybe for your own car?). I'd like to totally complete this listing if we can... I've identified the ones Rick already discussed in this thread.

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/chevyresto/55008.htm

BamaNomad
02-01-2019, 08:59 AM
Thanks CN (and Rick)..

*Slapping myself*... I remember that chart NOW; I suppose I've been too Nomad focused the past 40 yrs! (plus I'm OLD and my oldtimers disease is peaking I think!).. :)

Rick_L
02-01-2019, 09:12 AM
Is there a source which includes all that information?

I found it all in the book I mentioned earlier.

Note that the chart Cnut linked has a 210 sport coupe as 1037D. The same chart is in my book. Other lists show the 210 sport coupe as 1037, which is consistent with the way they did all other 210/Bel Air style numbers.

BamaNomad
02-01-2019, 09:28 AM
I found it all in the book I mentioned earlier.

Note that the chart Cnut linked has a 210 sport coupe as 1037D. The same chart is in my book. Other lists show the 210 sport coupe as 1037, which is consistent with the way they did all other 210/Bel Air style numbers.

Yes, after CN posted that chart, I remembered it and dug it out of my document as well and scanned it (a little cleaner than is posted at the OldCarManuals site).

note: That chart also lists the 210 2-dr HT as a CLUB COUPE... as model 1011-A (2124) :) in addition to listing the same car as a 1037D (2154) Sport Coupe ... I suppose that shows that even Chevrolet was *confused* with all these numbers! :)

It always was confusing to me trying to keep up with both FISHER and Chevrolet model numbers for each car.. so I guess I just put it out of my mind except for Nomads! :) This chart clarifies it all and list BOTH Fisher and Chevrolet Model Numbers!

Tabasco
02-02-2019, 05:39 AM
Some states didn't use VIN numbers for '55 and earlier cars. The state didn't put the VIN number on any documentation, just the motor number.

Slotrifive
02-02-2019, 11:30 AM
My wife surprised me with my new plate today!

Tabasco
02-03-2019, 05:50 AM
Wow, nice license plate. I like it. Your wife sure is taking good care of you.

Bluegrass Trifive
02-03-2019, 11:07 AM
My wife surprised me with my new plate today!

Nice! You've got a really cool ride.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
02-03-2019, 01:25 PM
your wife does good. does she have a sister?-------------------> just kidding, happily married for over 40 years.

55 Rescue Dog
02-03-2019, 02:25 PM
If you can get past a couple previous pages, it would be great to hear even more details about your awesome 55.

03-09-2019, 03:22 PM
Nice one, sharp color combination. Did your wife rob a bank?.

OSVALDO
05-21-2019, 02:39 AM
The manufacturing plant did not bolt VIN plates on these vehicles they were spot welded. An alarm state controller know this and won't acknowledge bolted plates. State allocated plates have exceptional bolts and might be joined in different areas.

WagonCrazy
05-21-2019, 07:34 AM
Drive the car man, and don't worry about this discussion of VIN plates. Seriously...
Life is short.
Enjoy the ride! :)

Slotrifive
06-05-2019, 09:50 AM
Drive the car man, and don't worry about this discussion of VIN plates. Seriously...
Life is short.
Enjoy the ride! :)

i kind of forgot about this site after this thread got completely off track! Thanks, I am driving her and enjoying it! Everyone is welcome to think what they want.

Gmvette
06-06-2019, 07:53 AM
Your car looks sharp. Nice pulling one off the trailer and not need anything done and be able to cruise. It has a nice blend of new and vintage, sharp stance.