PDA

View Full Version : convertible top parts company

roadster601@aol.com
08-26-2020, 07:46 AM
hello all who is the go to company for what i need to replace my convertible top on my 55 belair convertible, thanks for reading.

BamaNomad
08-26-2020, 10:42 AM
Again, Do you have a good top frame? Do you want to BUY a top (sewn material) and install it yourself? or ?? Do you have an installer selected if you aren't going to install it yourself? Discuss with your upholstery installer and then come back here and be more specific with your questions and we can likely help you. If you were in Huntsville AL area and wanted to know where to go I could point you to an installer... but Where are you?

roadster601@aol.com
08-26-2020, 03:59 PM
the car is a 55 belair convertible car has 20 k miles on it so the frame is good im sure rubbers are old need pads etc. i think its a harts top vinyl. boot and well....
im in belvidere NJ

thanks for responding

LEE T
08-26-2020, 04:08 PM
There can be problems other than rust and wear. Do the side rails line up perfectly like in this picture?

roadster601@aol.com
08-26-2020, 05:15 PM
There can be problems other than rust and wear. Do the side rails line up perfectly like in this picture?
yes they do

BamaNomad
08-26-2020, 07:16 PM
that's a very low mileage car with only 20K miles on it in 65 yrs~~ Besides the top and pads, your top may also need the weatherstripping pieces. I've replaced all this before on Corvettes, but never owned a Trifive convertible, so I'm unsure who is the best source. You could look into Danchuk, Ecklers, Woody's, and CARS as places to start. CARS probably has everything you need for sure as they've been around the longest...

roadster601@aol.com
09-02-2020, 03:30 PM
Again, Do you have a good top frame? Do you want to BUY a top (sewn material) and install it yourself? or ?? Do you have an installer selected if you aren't going to install it yourself? Discuss with your upholstery installer and then come back here and be more specific with your questions and we can likely help you. If you were in Huntsville AL area and wanted to know where to go I could point you to an installer... but Where are you?
hey bama good points im in northern NJ i like to have the top installed, top frame is good need weather 8 years old, top works fine, its a white top frame is mint.rubber weather strip i think it has to be replaced, so imback

roadster601@aol.com
09-02-2020, 03:33 PM
that's a very low mileage car with only 20K miles on it in 65 yrs~~ Besides the top and pads, your top may also need the weatherstripping pieces. I've replaced all this before on Corvettes, but never owned a Trifive convertible, so I'm unsure who is the best source. You could look into Danchuk, Ecklers, Woody's, and CARS as places to start. CARS probably has everything you need for sure as they've been around the longest...
ok ill look thanks

roadster601@aol.com
09-02-2020, 03:37 PM
IS IT CARS .COM OR JUST CARS TY

BamaNomad
09-02-2020, 04:55 PM
It's actually https://carsinc.com/ for the website.

The original name was 'Can Am Restoration Supply (C.A.R.S.) started by two enthusiasts. They are located in Michigan right on the Canadian border, thus their original name as they had business locations on both sides of the border.

roadster601@aol.com
09-18-2020, 05:10 PM
hello all i got a price of 2,300 for top pads vinyl, what was the top material originally made of top, well boot and weather striping I think thats a good price, thoughts??? thanks

BamaNomad
09-18-2020, 08:14 PM
Who was that from? It's been quite a while since I purchased all that stuff.. but I do know there are several pieces of weather stripping on the top.. It sounds like you're getting all the parts you need..

PS. I've only bought all that stuff for a couple of Corvettes, which are much smaller tops than a '55 BelAir convertible......

roadster601@aol.com
09-19-2020, 08:09 AM
Who was that from? It's been quite a while since I purchased all that stuff.. but I do know there are several pieces of weather stripping on the top.. It sounds like you're getting all the parts you need..

PS. I've only bought all that stuff for a couple of Corvettes, which are much smaller tops than a '55 BelAir convertible......
bama i have a top guy in PA. I thought the price was fair..

BamaNomad
09-19-2020, 01:47 PM
It sounds fair to me also, especially if he's going to install it for you... :)