PDA

View Full Version : 57 Hood Hinges

57fleetside
09-01-2020, 04:54 AM
Hi, On the 57 pickup I just got the hood don't line up very well (sits high at the back). I am thinking the hood hinges are bad/worn. Is there a preference on who's reproduction hinges to get. It looks like AMD and Dynacorn are the main ones. I would like to get a set and install them before taking the truck apart. Thank You Steve

BamaNomad
09-01-2020, 05:41 AM
Have you tried lubricating and adjusting the factory hinges? Personally I've not been impressed by aftermarket hinges...?

57fleetside
09-01-2020, 01:43 PM
Hi, Yes I hve tried adjusting them. They are free with no binding. The rear of the hood is too high and the hinges are down as far as they go. I am new to these trucks so everything is new to me. I can't believe they only have 4 5/16 bolts holding that big hood on. I will give it another try though. Thank You Steve

Have you tried lubricating and adjusting the factory hinges? Personally I've not been impressed by aftermarket hinges...?

57fleetside
09-30-2020, 01:35 PM
I am gong to use the hinges that came with the truck and just install new springs. They seem pretty tight. I may have to slot them to get the hood where I want. On another note do these trucks just have bad body gaps in general? Steve