PDA

View Full Version : Sedan rear window vertical channel

Micucci
10-05-2020, 12:39 PM
The rear sedan window vertical channels are missing on our 56 Belair sedan. at least I assume they did exist. I can not find any diagrams or similar to show me what they look like and how they are installed exactly. (into which screw holes on the door?) I assume the felt just slides in them which keeps the window from rocking and rolling.
does anyone have access to pictures or a schematic?
Thanks
Mike

BamaNomad
10-05-2020, 08:08 PM
BelAirs would have roll down windows, but lesser models may have fixed windows in the back?... Are you sure you have a Belair? Check the VIN VA, VB, VC (the V is for a V8), A is for 150 model, B is 210, and C is BelAir trim level.

Micucci
10-06-2020, 11:36 AM
Hello,
yes Im sure we have a Belair Sedan. I am referring to the rear door window vertical channel. I know there is no channel inside the door for the felt to adhere to so the window is rattling around when we roll it down. The channels are missing on both sides so I can't compare. I have now purchased a channel that may or may not be correct but I can't figure out how this would be installed on to the door. Thats why I am looking for a schematic os the door which hopefully someone has. Thanks Mike

BamaNomad
10-06-2020, 12:25 PM
So you are missing the rear glass channel in the FRONT door?? The service manual should show you how the channel goes in. You might also check the Danchuk website, as there are sections of it with instructions for how to install the various parts they sell...

Here's one that might help you
https://www.danchuk.com/images/Downloads/Tech%20Articles/11.3-1955-1956-1957-Window-Adjustments.pdf

If you find the PART that you are replacing (window channel) in the Danchuk catalog, then there is probably an instruction for installation...