PDA

View Full Version : Eastwood SCT

57barnwagon
01-19-2021, 12:59 PM
Thus far I am pretty impressed with the ability and finish resulting from using the SCT from Eastwood to strip the multi layers of paint from the fender. 11725

55 Rescue Dog
01-19-2021, 04:10 PM
I always wondered how well that tool works, and could probably be used for lots of stuff. The only thing that concerns me is the life, and cost of the consumables?

BamaNomad
01-20-2021, 07:05 AM
Thus far I am pretty impressed with the ability and finish resulting from using the SCT from Eastwood to strip the multi layers of paint from the fender.

Barnwagon: I just checked out a couple of reviews, and one thing that's important is the GRIT (or abrasiveness) of the particular wheel you used? Apparently the tool comes with a 120 grit 'finishing wheel', but there are 40 and 80 grit wheels available (~$50 each?).. Which did you use and how quickly did you strip the paint from that fender?

PS. One reviewer compared the Eastwood tool with a similar tool from Porter-Cable and determined they liked the price and size/weight of the Porter Cable, which also has a 3 yr warranty versus the 1 yr Eastwood warranty. Did you compare the Eastwood SCT to any other alternatives?

57barnwagon
01-20-2021, 11:07 AM
I always wondered how well that tool works, and could probably be used for lots of stuff. The only thing that concerns me is the life, and cost of the consumables?

I used the heavy abrasive wheel and it removed the multi layers of paint quite quickly leaving a nice finish. I will feed back once the project is complete as far as how well it holds up.